[jobs] Full professorship in "Control of Networked Systems“
The University of Klagenfurt, Austria, invites applications for a tenured
Full Professorship in Control of Networked Systems
to be filled by February 1, 2015.
The successful candidate has an international reputation and will be expected to set up an ambitious and innovative research program and perform research and teaching with great dedication.
Topics should include both the fundamentals of control and systems as well as specific applications, covering at least one of the following areas: multi-robot and UAV systems, smart grids, transportation systems, smart automation and production systems, or telecommunications.
Established in 1970, the University of Klagenfurt is a vibrant and innovative young university hosting over 10.000 students in the southern part of Austria, a region with top quality living conditions at the interface of Alpine and Mediterranean culture and climate. The position is located at the Department of Technical Sciences which currently comprises 18 professors and 11 associate professors in three areas: information and communication technology, informatics, and mathematics. The mid-term goal is to extend the department by additional professorships strengthening the field of “networked and autonomous systems.”
What are the requirements for applicants?
- Excellent research record with publications in the area of the professorship
- Habilitation or equivalent scientific qualifications
- Experience in management and acquisition of projects
- Experience in teaching and didactic qualifications
- Skills in leadership and organization; team player
What do we expect from the future professor?
- Interest in setting up multidisciplinary projects together with other research organizations and industrial partners
- Teaching the bachelor lectures “system theory” and “control engineering” in German (German language courses available on campus)
- Teaching graduate courses in English
- Integration to the department’s emphasis in information and communication technology and cooperation with mathematics
Which skills and interests are beneficial?
- A convincing research and teaching statement
- Experience in interdisciplinary projects
- International network
- Skills in gender mainstreaming and diversity management
The university strives at raising the number of women in leading academic positions and therefore specifically invites women to apply. In case of equal qualifications, women will receive priority consideration.
Handicapped persons or persons with chronic illnesses who comply with the qualification criteria mentioned are specifically invited to apply.
The salary will be negotiated. The minimum gross salary is currently € 66.000 per year (A1 Universitäten-Kollektivvertrag).