[jobs] Postdoc position in collaborative robotics and ROS-Industrial
The TU Delft Robotics Institute of the Delft University of Technology, the Netherlands, announces a vacancy for a postdoc position on the topic of collaborative robotics, specifically on ROS-Industrial.
- project management of ROS and ROS-Industrial activities in close cooperation with the technical lead
- management of EU-project “Factory-in-a-Day” activities
- contribution to ongoing projects in the 'Robots that work' theme of the DRI
- contribution to industrial automation research in the lab (motion planning)
- guide / supervise PhD candidates
- coordination of ROS-related undergraduate projects
*What do we ask?*
The ideal candidate for this position has a PhD degree in Robotics, Computer Science, Computer Engineering or a related field. The candidate must have strong analytical skills and must be able to work at the intersection of several research domains.
- programming experience: C++, Python
- affinity with experimental and industrial robotics
- robot motion planning / control
- Excellent written and verbal English skills are required.
Additionally (a plus):
- software engineering skills
- experience with industrial robotics and automation
- experience with ROS: MoveIt, navigation, etc
*What do we offer*
We offer the opportunity to do scientifically challenging research in a multi-disciplinary research group. The appointment will be for a period of 1 year. As an employee of the university you will receive a competitive salary (between approx. EUR 2800 and EUR 3500 gross per month based on a full-time appointment and depending on the candidate's qualifications), as well as excellent secondary benefits in accordance with the Collective Agreement (CAO) of the Association of Universities in the Netherlands (VSNU). Assistance with accommodation can be arranged.
*How to apply*
Please make sure to investigate the “ROS-Industrial” community as well as the “Factory-in-a-Day” project before applying. Submit your application to Dr. Martijn Wisse (firstname.lastname@example.org) before DATE, YEAR. Include a cover letter along with a detailed curriculum vitae, a separate motivation letter stating why the position interests you, electronic copies of your top three publications, the summary of your PhD thesis, names and addresses of three reference persons, and other information that might be relevant to your application. Dr. Wisse can also be contacted for more information about this vacancy.
*About 3mE and the Delft Robotics Institute*
The 3mE Faculty trains committed engineering students, PhD candidates and post-doctoral researchers in groundbreaking scientific research in the fields of mechanical, maritime and materials engineering. The Delft Robotics Institute is a quickly growing interdepartmental organization with over 100 robotics-oriented researchers from 6 departments ranging from Computer Science to Industrial Design Engineering. More information at www.robotics.tudelft.nl.