Positions: Robotics, Software, Perception, Sensing Engineers and Scientists.
Summary: Hyperloop One is looking for highly motivated and talented robotics, software and sensing engineers and scientists to support developments of perception stacks for our unconventional, mass-transport system.
These positions offer the unique opportunity for you to be a part of an effort to completely change the way we transport people and freight all around the world, and let you work on a broad and exciting set of perception problems related to building a mass transportation system.
The Hyperloop we’re developing is briefly a new way to move freight or passengers extremely quickly, safely, and efficiently to a destination through a controlled environment. We reduce the air inside a giant steel tube to about 1/1000th of atmospheric pressure then accelerate the vehicle through the tube using a linear electric motor. The vehicle can glide at speeds higher than a bullet train for long distances due to the extremely low aerodynamic drag and non-contact levitation. The system will be safe, weather-proof and energy efficient with no direct carbon emissions. Please visit our website to learn more about what we’ve been up to, https://hyperloop-one.com/
To make such a transport system work, we believe that a perception system should provide other components/systems in a transporter and/or to a traffic control tower with the following information, at least:
-- Pose (job category: P1, pose estimation): Provide estimates of a pod’s pose, i.e., attitude and position.
-- Obstacle (P2, obstacle recognition): Provide position(s) of obstacle(s) around a pod.
-- Vehicle Health (P3, vehicle health monitoring): Provide the status of pods’ electronics (and/or avionics), and computing system(s).
-- Tube Health (P4, tube status monitoring): Provide the status of tube as well as information about potential hazards, e.g., crack, dangling wires, loosen electronic components, etc.
-- Internal and External Vehicle Monitoring at Station (P5, vehicle status monitoring): Provide information about internal and external status of vehicle when the vehicle docks at station for loading, unloading passengers. This may include passengers’ readiness for travel as well.
-- Any Other tasks (P6, other): You think it’s important, but missed out from the list.
We’re currently looking for engineers/scientists at all levels, for these four areas, job categories P1 – P6.
These positions require technically adept, self-directed, and motivated
individuals who will work with a team of talented and dedicated engineers and scientists to:
- Propose, create, and implement pose estimation systems.
- Develop algorithms for recognizing obstacles in tube and in infrastructure,
- Develop and evaluate metrics to verify the reliability of the proposed algorithms.
- Participate in ideation, creation, and evaluation of various related technologies.
- Contribute to a portfolio of patents, academic publications, and prototypes to demonstrate research value.
- Participate in software development and implementation on various experimental platforms.
In general, the candidates should possess excellent interpersonal and communication skills, eagerness to learn and grow, and have a flexible and creative approach to solve problems. An ideal candidate would be one who can demonstrate what he/she can do for these four areas of interest. An example of demonstration could be codes or systems you have previously wrote/ built.
Not everyone will be able to provide this so here is a list of our other requirements:
- PhD/Master’s degree in computer science, electrical engineering, robotics, or any related fields.
- Strong familiarity and research experience in any of the four areas of interest mentioned above.
- Hands-on experience in working on any types of active and passive sensor data acquisition pipeline and processing those data. Examples of active sensors include lidar and radar. An example of a passive sensor includes a camera.
- Hands-on experience in writing codes for Simultaneous Localization and Mapping (SLAM), sensor fusion, perception and machine learning.
- Highly proficient in software engineering using C++ and/or Python, shell scripts.
- Preferred hands on experience in handling multi-modal sensor data.
- Preferred experience with Point Cloud Library (PCL), Robot Operating System (ROS), and GPU programming.
- Preferred experience in open-source Deep Learning frameworks such as TensorFlow or Caffe.
- Strong written and oral communication skills including development and delivery of presentations, proposals, and technical documents.
- Any publication record on any of the above-mentioned fields would be helpful.
Please visit the following link for details: https://hyperloop-one.com/careers
Please send an e-mail to: Greg Toroosian, email@example.com, with the following:
-- Subject line including the job category (P1-5) that you are applying for. A candidate can apply more than one category.
-- Latest resume or CV.
-- A cover letter explaining how your background matches the qualifications on the category you’re applying for.
Candidates must have the legal right to work in the U.S.A.
|Free forum by Nabble||Edit this page|