Quantcast

[robotics-worldwide] Disney Research is Seeking Mechanical Design and Test Engineer

[robotics-worldwide] Disney Research is Seeking Mechanical Design and Test Engineer

Rick Cory
*Disney Research is Seeking Mechanical Design and Test Engineer*

Location: Glendale, CA

Disney Research (www.disneyresearch.com) is a network of research labs
offering the best attributes of academia and industry. We encourage
publication and engagement with the global research community through
university collaborations. We work actively with business units of The Walt
Disney Company at all stages of research, from conception to
commercialization—where results may be enjoyed by an audience of millions.
In some cases, labs are embedded within business units; in others, they are
co-located with universities.

We are currently seeking applications from outstanding mechanical engineers
to fill a position at our Southern California based research facility and
join our team in conducting research in walking robots for entertainment.
The ideal candidate must be passionate about robotics and more importantly
have had experience and played a central role in the mechanical design,
prototyping, construction, and testing of a robotic system.

The ideal candidate will meet most (if not all) of the following criteria:

* Master's degree in mechanical engineering, or closely related field

* 1-2 years hands on experience designing, machining, and integrating
hardware designs

* Proficient in SolidWorks (or equivalent)

* Experience with design optimization (e.g., Finite element analysis)

* Experience with electro-mechanical actuators, sensors

* Experience working with machine shop contractors and vendors (preferred,
but not required)

To Apply: Send an email to [hidden email] (subject: 'Mechanical
Engineer Job Post') with the following:

1) Cover letter and resume. Cover letter should detail your area of
specialization and how it relates to this position.

2) Examples of your work. Preferably provide a web link to your designs,
pictures, videos, etc.