- Advance our computer vision platform to enable a mobile robotic system
to perform quick, on-site calibrations
- Development of computer vision algorithms to identify and plan around
2D and 3D features
- Develop methods for integrating imagery and feature detection into our
localization and mapping systems
- Analysis of RGB images to extract data on process quality. Create new
methods for evaluating and optimizing process for quality and speed.
- Work with the team to create automated logging of vision sensor and
performance data from the field in a scalable way
- Develop methods to extract performance data from real-time and
CANVAS is located in San Francisco, California. We are looking for
outstanding candidates to help bring automation to the $10T construction
industry which is struggling with decreasing productivity and labor
shortages. We believe that productivity leaps can be achieved by tools that
leverage the operator’s knowledge and skill but take the dangerous and dull
out of the task. Our approach to unbolting robots is to focus on quick
setup through on-site calibration and leveraging a sense of touch.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will
receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity,
national origin, disability status, and protected veteran status.
We are looking for a talented software engineer who is excited to lead the
development of a computer vision platform that will allow our construction
tools to effectively plan and interact with the world. This person will
work closely with the controls team to bring our hardware to life. The role
will be a split between development of computer vision algorithms and
providing support to the planning and control behaviors that will act off
of the vision information.
We are looking for an adaptable candidate who is excited by the prospect of
building state of the art vision systems while being highly motivated to
build practical solutions for the real world. The ideal candidate will have
worked in a robotics related field. As a small company we look for people
who thrive in a flexible environment. The right person will bring a passion
for their work that is only enhanced by their ability to listen to others
and weigh different approaches evenly.
- Eligibility to work in the U.S.
- BA/BS degree in Software or related field
- 3 years relevant experience in computer vision and robotics
- Understanding of various vision technologies (RGB-D, Stereo, etc.) and
techniques (2D/3D detection, filtering, feature extraction, clustering,
- Experience writing / debugging / parameter tuning / generating
efficient code for computer vision
- Familiarity with ROS, OpenCV, PointCloudLibrary software tools
- Ability to work with existing codebases and to create complex software
platforms from scratch
- Proficiency with C++, Python, and Linux
- You enjoy working in teams but can complete complex tasks that require
critical thinking without supervision.
- Have a natural excitement to explore problems and share your knowledge
- Previous experience developing perception for mobile manipulation
- Directly worked with robotics hardware and possess an understanding of
real world issues that arise, experience with time sensitive software
- Fundamental understanding of planning, and optimization
- Ability to provide leadership, manage schedules, and in time, grow a
If interested, please email a resume and brief description of yourself to