[robotics-worldwide] [Jobs] Dishcraft Robotics is looking for a Computer Vision Engineer (Katherine Alberts)
At Dishcraft Robotics, our mission is to build things that matter. We are
a venture-backed Bay Area start-up that is revolutionizing commercial
kitchens with robotics, computer vision, machine learning, and innovative
mechanical design. Come join our talented team of technologists and
business people as we create advanced machines in an industry that touches
At Dishcraft Robotics, first and foremost, we value people, intellectual
engagement and transparent communication. We are looking for a highly
motivated, intellectually curious and passionate Computer Vision Engineer.
This individual will be responsible for developing vision algorithms,
coding, evaluating, and releasing them into production software. Major
efforts will be in object recognition, dirt detection, and machine
learning. This engineer will adapt a strong theoretical background with
practical considerations to solve real world problems. This is a technical
role that requires both deep technical knowledge and excellent
- Develop computer vision algorithms and productize computer vision
- Evaluate and develop object identification, classification, and
localization algorithms to be used for robotic manipulation.
- Specify and integrate 2D and 3D imaging sensors to robustly solve
vision problems in a highly cluttered and occluded environment.
- Stay on top of technological advances in the computer vision space by
attending seminars, joining external organizations, and going to trade
- Collaborate closely with roboticists, software engineers, mechanical
engineers, test engineers, external design consultants, and robots.
- PhD or MS in computer vision and image processing, machine learning,
or computer science with a strong concentration in vision.
- 2+ years of experience in industry.
- Proficiency in C/C++ and Python (particularly, NumPy and SciPy) or
- A good understanding of the fundamentals of 3D transformations and 3D
- Experience with open source vision packages such as PCL and OpenCV.
- Experience with commercial software development processes: good
software hygiene regarding code documentation, unit testing, bug tracking,
and version control.
- Familiarity with developing machine learning algorithms.
- Experience with tools such as Caffe, Theano, or TensorFlow is a plus.
- Highly motivated, team player with strong technical collaboration
skills and desire to learn quickly and develop new skills.
- Desire to be part of a fast-moving start-up and work in a fast-paced,
collaborative, environment with few rigid boundaries.
- GPU programming experience is a plus.
Dishcraft is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate based on
race, color, religion, national origin, pregnancy status, sex, age, marital
status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other
characteristics protected by law.