At Dishcraft Robotics, our mission is to build things that matter. We are
a venture-backed Bay Area start-up that is revolutionizing commercial
kitchens with robotics, computer vision, machine learning, and innovative
mechanical design. Come join our talented team of technologists and
business people as we create advanced machines in an industry that touches
At Dishcraft Robotics, first and foremost, we value people, intellectual
engagement and transparent communication. We are looking for a highly
motivated, intellectually curious and passionate Deep Learning Engineer.
Dishcraft is developing intelligent robots for commercial kitchens that can
help with tedious and dangerous tasks. Our robots need to operate
intelligently in chaotic environments to deliver reliability, safety, and
high throughput for their tasks.
This engineer will be responsible for 1) working with various types of
sensors, 2) developing algorithms to process the sensor data by
collaborating with our multidisciplinary teams and 3) developing data
collection, annotation, and analysis processes. The major projects include
object recognition and detection, anomaly detection, grasp prediction for
autonomous robot manipulation, and more. This individual will adapt a
strong theoretical background with practical considerations to solve
real-world problems. This is a technical role that requires both deep
technical knowledge and excellent collaboration skills.
- Develop and test convolutional neural network (CNN) architectures for
object detection and classification, semantic segmentation for quality
assessment, and robotic manipulation in dynamically changing, complex
- Develop and manage data and annotation processes for diverse machine
- Stay on top of technological advances in deep learning and robotics by
reading and prototyping papers, attending seminars, joining external
organizations, and working with our expert advisors.
- Collaborate closely with roboticists, software engineers, mechanical
engineers, test engineers, external consultants from both industry and
academia, and robots.
- PhD or MS in computer vision or machine learning, or equivalent
- Experience building deep learning architectures for commercial
- Proficiency in Python (particularly, numpy, scipy, pandas,
scikit-image, and scikit-learn) and C/C++.
- A good understanding of the fundamentals and best practices of deep
- Experience with tools such as Caffe, Torch, Theano or TensorFlow.
- Experience with open source vision packages such as PCL and OpenCV.
- Experience with data cleaning, analysis, and developing efficient,
accurate data annotation schemes.
- Experience with commercial software development processes: good
software hygiene regarding code documentation, unit testing, bug tracking,
and version control.
- Familiarity with state-of-the-art CNN architectures such as ResNet,
VGG, GoogleNet (Inception), Faster RCNN, and Mask R-CNN.
- Highly motivated, team player with strong technical collaboration
skills and desire to learn quickly and develop new skills.
- Desire to be part of a fast-moving start-up and work in a
collaborative environment with few rigid boundaries.
- GPU programming experience is a plus.
Dishcraft is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate based on
race, color, religion, national origin, pregnancy status, sex, age, marital
status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other
characteristics protected by law.
Dishcraft Robotics Recruiting
611 Taylor Way, Unit 1
San Carlos, CA 94070
robotics-worldwide mailing list
|Free forum by Nabble||Edit this page|