[robotics-worldwide] [Jobs] Full Time Robotic Software Developer Positions At NASA JSC
We are looking for individuals with a strong robotics or software development background to join NASA's Valkyrie humanoid robot project. Current research focuses on advancing the state of humanoid robot technology and remote supervisory control in support of both terrestrial and space missions. Practical expertise is required in one or more of the following:
- Perception and/or Machine Vision
- Grasp Planning
- Localization and Mapping
- User Interface/User Experience Design
- 3D Rendering and Simulation
- Message-Based Middlewares
- Real-Time Safe Control Loops
- Component-Based Software Development
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience in Computer Science, Engineering, or another relevant robotics-related field.
- Proficiency developing robotic applications using C++, Python, and ROS in a Linux environment.
- Experience working in a modern software development environment including the use of continuous integration, devops, unit testing, etc.
- Strong communication skills and comfort developing on a small, agile software team.
- Proficiency in Java.
- Graduate-level research experience (MS/PhD) in robotics and/or computer science.
- Experience integrating and testing software on physical robot platforms.