[robotics-worldwide] [Jobs] Researcher position in AI, Machine Learning, General Motors Global R&D Warren MI, USA
Can you post the following job opportunity to all the list members.
Researcher: Manufacturing Flexibility - Manufacturing System Research Lab
General Motors Global R&D
General Purpose of Job:
* Conduct collaborative scientific and engineering research, generating new knowledge and innovative technology for advanced automotive manufacturing systems.
* Explore Artificial Intelligence algorithms in robots, industrial controls and other automotive manufacturing applications
Summary of Job Responsibilities:
* Collaborate with and/or lead internal/external global technical teams and execute technical assignments independently.
* Generate innovative ideas, suggest new project areas and establish/execute detailed technical plans.
* Maintain up-to-date knowledge of industry and technical developments affecting areas of responsibility.
* Communicate results internally and externally through timely, high-quality presentations, reports and publications.
* Develop corporate contacts and represent GM effectively to the external technical community.
* Thorough understanding and in depth knowledge of scientific principles and state of the art research methodologies related to:
* Machine learning
* Big data analysis
* Modeling and optimization
* Sensing and analysis
* Advanced training in artificial intelligence, problem solving, machine learning, modeling and optimization algorithms
* PhD degree from top-tier research institutions in science/engineering disciplines (required; electrical/mechanical/computer/industrial & systems engineering; applied math/physics).
* Exceptional candidates with master degree(s) and extensive industrial research/development experience will be considered.
* Excellent interpersonal and communication skills to work effectively with GM internal and external customers, including executive management.
* Demonstrated project management skills, especially for projects with high technical risk.
* Demonstrated technical knowledge and expertise with a high level of analytical ability and creativity.
* Adaptability to working with multiple projects and in different technical areas.
Manufacturing Systems Research
General Motors Global R&D
30500 Mound Road,
Warren, MI 48092
TEL: (586) 357-0157
FAX: (586) 986-3091
Email: [hidden email]<mailto:[hidden email]>
Nothing in this message is intended to constitute an electronic signature unless a specific statement to the contrary is included in this message.
Confidentiality Note: This message is intended only for the person or entity to which it is addressed. It may contain confidential and/or privileged material. Any review, transmission, dissemination or other use, or taking of any action in reliance upon this message by persons or entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited and may be unlawful. If you received this message in error, please contact the sender and delete it from your computer.
robotics-worldwide mailing list
[hidden email] http://duerer.usc.edu/mailman/listinfo.cgi/robotics-worldwide