[robotics-worldwide] [Jobs] Robotics / Human Robot Cooperation Position at Honda Research Institute (Silicon Valley)
Honda Research Institute USA (HRI-US) strives to be at the cutting edge of Honda's research and development activities. Driven by Honda's global slogan - The Power of Dreams - we pursue emerging technologies and bring them into reality to make people happy by engaging daily in highly scientific, pioneering work. We realize that dreams don't come from organizations, systems, or money. They come from people, and we seek people who have such a challenging spirit to join us.
Currently, HRI-US (Silicon Valley) is searching for a self-motivated candidate capable of formulating and solving original problems in robotics.
This new member is expected to create new research ideas that solve complex and real world problems, and to contribute to scientific publication. He/she will have opportunities to build relationships with research partners at world-class universities and work with other Honda Research Institutes in Europe and in Japan.
- Perform research in decision making and planning under uncertainty in human robot cooperation, cooperative manipulation, navigation in human environment, social robotics and related emerging fields
- Lead a team of scientists and engineers towards a global research goal
- PhD in computer science, robotics, or related field with at least 3 years of postdoctoral experience
- Hands-on experience with robots in real environment using ROS, C++, Python
- Familiarity with machine learning techniques
- Strong communication skills and ability to work with academic partners
- Subject line including the job number you are applying for
- Recent CV
- A cover letter explaining how your background matches the qualifications
Candidates must have the legal right to work in the U.S.A.
Soshi Iba, Ph.D. ([hidden email])
Honda Research Institute USA, Inc.
375 Ravendale Drive Suite B, Mountain View, CA 94043
Confidentiality Notice: This transmission (including any attachments) may contain confidential information belonging to the sender and is intended only for the use of the party or entity to which it is addressed. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, distribution, retention or the taking of action in reliance on the contents of this transmission is strictly prohibited. If you have received this transmission in error, please immediately notify the sender and erase all information and attachments.
robotics-worldwide mailing list
[hidden email] http://duerer.usc.edu/mailman/listinfo.cgi/robotics-worldwide