[robotics-worldwide] [Jobs] Robotics Software Engineer- Dorabot Inc. (Atlanta&Brisbane Office)
Dorabot is looking for Robotics Software Engineer who is ready to roll up
their sleeves and start building the future in Atlanta and Brisbane! Read on
to learn more, and view
all our available positions at dorabot.com/careers.
Dorabot develops AI-powered robotic solutions for market-leading logistics
and e-commerce companies. Backed by some of China's most prominent tech
magnates, we're a tight-knit team of visionaries that live and breathe
robotics. Unique among early-stage Chinese startups, Dorabot employs
engineers and business professionals from over 10 different countries, and
we're united by our boundless drive to create, learn, share, and grow.
We have a team of 80+ people based in Shenzhen, and we're now expanding our
operations by opening research center in Brisbane and Atlanta. Those that
join our overseas team will have an amazing opportunity to work with teams
of innovators that are revolutionizing the logistics industry.
Dorabot Brisbane and Atlanta are hiring for a range of robotics and vision
roles. If you think the job description doesn't suit you, please check out
the careers section of our website and get in contact if anything stands
out. We're looking for good people more than those that can tick every box.
1. Work on robot arms, mobile robots, mobile manipulators, and grippers.
2. Integrate libraries and other software that allow robots to autonomously
perceive their environment, navigate surroundings, and manipulate objects.
3. Implement algorithms for autonomous operation.
4. Make fleets of robots think and act faster using network communication,
cloud computing, parallel computing with multiple threads/CPUs/GPUs, and AVX
5. Build tools to monitor, maintain, and deploy software for fleets of 100+
6. Apply cutting-edge robotics technology to build amazing products.
1. Passionate about robots.
2. Robotics, computer science, or a related background.
3. Very skilled with C++
4. Strong software engineering skills; can follow required coding styles.
5. Able to turn academic ideas into robust programs.
6. Experience working with Linux and Git.
1. Experience with multi-core architectures/speeding up algorithms with
2. Experience in creating efficient computational code that scales to
3. Experience with ROS or other robot software platforms.
4. Previous contributions to open source projects.
5. Strong background in any of the following areas:
- machine learning
- computer vision
- autonomous navigation
- motion planning
- robotic manipulation
- computational geometry
- operations research
6. Familiar with scripting languages like Python.
What We Offer
Competitive salary and company equity based on experience and personal
An amazing opportunity to experience life in Shenzhen, widely known as
China’s Silicon Valley. Shenzhen has the best air quality of any major city
Free Chinese lessons
An international workplace where English is our working language
On-site company gym
Plenty of resources to purchase all kinds of equipment for research and
To apply, please send a resume and cover letter to [hidden email]. Visit
Dorabot.com to see our tech in action and view additional openings.
**More About Dorabot**
Hao Zhang (CTO & Founder) - A self-described “robomancer”, Hao has been
building robots for over a decade, and he is well known in American and
Chinese maker communities. Hao is currently a PHD candidate at the Hong Kong
University of Science and Technology, and he was listed in Forbes China’s 30
Under 30 in 2017.
Spencer Deng (CEO & Co-founder) - Prior to joining Dorabot, Spencer worked
in logistics and finance, holding senior positions at UPS and J.P. Morgan.
He’s also been trading stocks since he was 12 years old. Spencer was listed
in the Forbes 30 Under 30 for China in 2017 and Asia in 2018.
Chong Loo (CCO) - Loo is former UPS senior executive with over 30 years of
experience in logistics management. Loo brings to Dorabot extensive
knowledge of express delivery systems, financial planning, and business