Dorabot is looking for Robotics Software Engineers who are ready to roll up
their sleeves and start building the future! Read on to learn more, and view
all our available positions at dorabot.com/careers.
Dorabot develops AI-powered robotic solutions for market-leading logistics
and e-commerce companies. Backed by some of China's most prominent tech
magnates, we're a tight-knit team of visionaries that live and breathe
robotics. Unique among early-stage Chinese startups, Dorabot employs
engineers and business professionals from over 10 different countries, and
we're united by our boundless drive to create, learn, share, and grow.
Our systems pick, place, and transport items of various shapes and sizes
using cutting-edge deep learning, motion planning, grasp planning,
navigation, and SLAM technologies. We research robotic manipulation,
mobility, and vision with the ultimate goal of building robots that can do
anything from housework to complex industrial tasks.
1. Work on robot arms, mobile robots, mobile manipulators, and grippers.
2. Integrate libraries and other software that allow robots to autonomously
perceive their environment, navigate surroundings, and manipulate objects.
3. Implement algorithms for autonomous operation.
4. Make fleets of robots think and act faster using network communication,
cloud computing, parallel computing with multiple threads/CPUs/GPUs, and
5. Build tools to monitor, maintain, and deploy software for fleets of 100+
6. Apply cutting-edge robotics technology to build amazing products.
1. Passionate about robots.
2. Robotics, computer science, or a related background.
3. Very skilled with C++.
4. Strong software engineering skills; can follow the required coding
5. Able to turn academic ideas into robust programs.
6. Experience working with Linux and Git.
1. Experience with multi-core architectures/speeding up algorithms with
2. Experience in creating efficient computational code that scales to
3. Experience with ROS or other robot software platforms.
4. Previous contributions to open source projects.
5. Strong background in any of the following areas:
- machine learning
- computer vision
- autonomous navigation
- motion planning
- robotic manipulation
- computational geometry
- operations research
6. Familiar with scripting languages like Python.
What We Offer
Competitive salary and company equity based on experience and personal
An amazing opportunity to experience life in Shenzhen, widely known as
China’s Silicon Valley. Shenzhen has the best air quality of any major city
Free Chinese lessons
International workplace where English is our working language
On-site company gym
Plenty of resources to purchase all kinds of equipment for research and
To apply, please send a resume and cover letter to [hidden email]. Visit
Dorabot.com to see our tech in action and view additional openings.
**More About Dorabot**
Hao Zhang (CTO & Founder) - A self-described “robomancer”, Hao has been
building robots for over a decade, and he is well known in American and
Chinese maker communities. Hao is currently a PHD candidate at the Hong Kong
University of Science and Technology, and he was listed in Forbes China’s 30
Under 30 in 2017.
Spencer Deng (CEO & Co-founder) - Prior to joining Dorabot, Spencer worked
in logistics and finance, holding senior positions at UPS and J.P. Morgan.
He’s also been trading stocks since he was 12 years old. Spencer was listed
in the Forbes 30 Under 30 for China in 2017 and Asia in 2018.
Chong Loo (CCO) - Loo is former UPS senior executive with over 30 years of
experience in logistics management. Loo brings to Dorabot extensive
knowledge of express delivery systems, financial planning, and business
Introducing Dorabot - https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__www.youtube.com_watch-3Fv-3Dcfxyu3-5FWsD0&d=DwIFaQ&c=clK7kQUTWtAVEOVIgvi0NU5BOUHhpN0H8p7CSfnc_gI&r=0w3solp5fswiyWF2RL6rSs8MCeFamFEPafDTOhgTfYI&m=HN539MxlH56VjYb5rcCh0xsoIU5_ussdGvstv-y6GiU&s=Fi3RBreV40eBQ7w05TlAoQNh2t6Nk6rX_ecGDveO95A&e=
Life at Dorabot - Employee Interviews -
Interview with Wolf Schaarschmidt (Tech Lead)-
Sent from: https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__robotics-2Dworldwide.1046236.n5.nabble.com_&d=DwIFaQ&c=clK7kQUTWtAVEOVIgvi0NU5BOUHhpN0H8p7CSfnc_gI&r=0w3solp5fswiyWF2RL6rSs8MCeFamFEPafDTOhgTfYI&m=HN539MxlH56VjYb5rcCh0xsoIU5_ussdGvstv-y6GiU&s=Zgor9I00s_iB6hHU3WO9O8YBy7Pwtugu5KP4xX6Ub2s&e=
robotics-worldwide mailing list
|Free forum by Nabble||Edit this page|