Virtual Reality/Augmented Reality Engineer/Scientist
United Technologies Research Center (China) - Shanghai
United Technologies Research Center (UTRC) is an internationally recognized corporate research organization of United Technologies Corporation (UTC) that conducts research and development across a range of technology areas to drive UTC’s mission of “growth through innovation”. UTRC partners with UTC business units and renowned external research organizations to impact organic growth of the Corporation through new product and process innovations. The operating units of UTC include: Pratt & Whitney (aircraft engines), Otis (elevators and escalators), UTC Climate Controls & Security (HVAC, building controls and security solutions), and UTC Aerospace Systems (aerospace products). Our headquarters is in East Hartford, USA with partnerships worldwide and a research and development center in Shanghai, China.
United Technologies Research Center (China) Ltd. was established in Shanghai in 1997 to provide a technology base for UTC business units via partnerships and collaborative R&D (universities and government institutes). Our engineers and scientists work on global projects in conjunction with other UTC business units and external research organizations to bring product and process innovation to enhance UTC products competitiveness in Asia and world-wide. We develop advanced technologies for energy, environment, controls, security, and embedded systems.
United Technologies Research Center (China) Ltd. invites qualified individuals to apply for the following position in the Shanghai office. This position will compensate the chosen candidate at competitive local Shanghai market wage rate, and benefits will be administered based on local Shanghai benefit practices.
Senior Research Scientist: Virtual Reality/Augmented Reality
· Participate in multi-disciplinary teams on projects related to building, HVAC, elevator/escalator product design/development.
· Provide expertise in augmented reality and virtual reality design and evaluation. Partner with designers, customers and colleagues to prototype, design, and implement new virtual reality features. Gather and provide both design and development feedback to developers/content partners.
· Create new technical and project opportunities through technology leveraging and strategic partnering.
· Lead and participate in multidisciplinary projects, ensuring high quality deliverables and seamless integration with the UTRC team in the U.S.A., and university partners in China.
Minimum Qualifications Required:
· MS degree with 1-3 year professional experience in Computer Graphics, Game development, 3D development or modeling, Computer Science, or a closely related field.
· Strong knowledge of 3D modelers such as 3D max, Unity 3D software.
· Strong visual and interaction skills.
· Experienced with implementing VR/AR in both the mobile device (iOS and Android) and PC. Fluent in English (both written and spoken) and good communication skills. Chinese is desirable but not necessary.
· Project execution experience.
· Ability to work in a multidisciplinary team.
Preferred Candidates will possess the following:
· PhD candidates in Computer Graphics, Game development, 3D development or modeling, Computer Science, or a closely related field with 3+ year professional experience.
· Experience with Applied UX research and design expertise in mobile solutions (iOS or Android).
· Virtual Reality/Augmented Reality industry application development experience.
· Experience with HMI design or product development.
· Self-starter who works well in an international teaming environment, organized and has excellent interpersonal, leadership and communication skills.
· Project leadership experience
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION OR TO SUBMIT CREDENTIALS PLEASE CONTACT
[hidden email]<mailto:[hidden email]>
robotics-worldwide mailing list
|Free forum by Nabble||Edit this page|