We apologize in advance if you receive multiple copies of this CFP.
*Deadline extended to: July 24th, 2017*
Authors of selected papers will be invited to submit extended version of
their papers to be published in a Special issue in a journal.
Sixth International Workshop on "Assistance and Service Robotics in a Human Environment", in conjunction with the IEEE/RSJ International Conference on Intelligent Robots and Systems (IROS'2017) - https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__www.iros2017.org&d=DwIFAw&c=clK7kQUTWtAVEOVIgvi0NU5BOUHhpN0H8p7CSfnc_gI&r=0w3solp5fswiyWF2RL6rSs8MCeFamFEPafDTOhgTfYI&m=8bRjUOYzrmQc8uPAXexmVjAaC55IGDZH9t4SHT-aZI0&s=64QYQXsmcwf9anbLSAPQ_uL_draSEU8p8fEm0NKks1E&e=
Workshop Website: https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__lissi.fr_iros-2Dar2017_doku.php&d=DwIFAw&c=clK7kQUTWtAVEOVIgvi0NU5BOUHhpN0H8p7CSfnc_gI&r=0w3solp5fswiyWF2RL6rSs8MCeFamFEPafDTOhgTfYI&m=8bRjUOYzrmQc8uPAXexmVjAaC55IGDZH9t4SHT-aZI0&s=xg99oBdfsWhPBq1_oQQv3qNuqMpZ2hrFZ1hTXpQYzss&e=
Assistive Robotics covers currently a broad spectrum of research axis, from intelligent robots acting as a servant, secretary, or companion to intelligent robotic functions such as autonomous wheelchair navigation, embedded robotics, ambient intelligence, or intelligent spaces. The proposed workshop focuses on Robotics for people assistance with a particular focus on frail people. This major research issue will affect our lives in the near future. The purpose of this workshop is to gather researchers from various fields to discuss topics related to the challenging problems of assisting people in their everyday life. Topics related to social interaction, intelligent habitat, mobility assistance, healthcare and well-being will be covered. Fundamental and technological research particularly related to autonomous indoor vehicles, sensor and actuators networks, wearable and ubiquitous technologies, and human-robot interaction, will be presented. The objective of the workshop is to provide
a review and challenges of the relevant applications in Assistance and Service Robotics in a Human Environment.
In continuity with the previous editions held since IROS'12, this workshop will be organized around four sessions mainly with keynote speakers:
- Siddhartha Srinivasa, Head of Personal Robotics Lab., CMU, USA.
- Norihiro Hagita, Director of ATR Intelligent Robotics and Communication Laboratories, Japan.
- Marie Babel, Senior Researcher, INSA Rennes/Irisa, Rennes, France.
- Francesco Rea, Researcher, IIT-RBCS, Genova, Italy.
- Emel Demircan, Head of Human Performance and Robotics Lab., CSULB, USA.
- Yuhang Che, CHARM Lab, Stanford, USA.
- Joydeep Biswas, Head of Autonomous Mobile Robotics Lab., UMass Amherst, USA.
- Nitin Sharma, Head of Neuromuscular Control and Robotics Laboratory, Pittsburgh, USA.
The solicited papers address particularly the following topics:
- Elderly care assistive robots
- Mobility aids for locomotion or navigation
- Automated manipulation systems
- Robot companion
- Social interaction
- Multimodal human
- machine interfaces for assistive robotics
- Interaction control of assistive robots
- Human Behavioral modeling, Human locomotion
- Activity monitoring systems, Activity recognition
- Rehabilitation system, transfert machine
- Wearable robots: exoskeletons, actuated orthosis and prostheses
- Mechatronic design and control of human movements
- Sensor networks, Actuator networks, Domotics, Distributive robotics
- Multimodal perception, new sensors
- Cognitive ubirobots
- Context and Intention awareness
- Ambient Intelligence and smart spaces
- Middleware and networked robots
- Cloud robotics
- Ethical issues for assistive robotics
Three to four submissions will be accepted per session for oral presentations based on their quality, originality, and relevance to the related session. A poster/demo session is also planned in the workshop program. All accepted papers will be published on the workshop website. Authors of selected papers will be asked to submit extended versions of their papers for a special issue in a JCR journal. Submitted papers should not be under consideration for publication anywhere else. Submission of papers and review process will be handled through EasyChair conference management system:
Papers submission deadline: extended to July 24th, 2017
Acceptance Notification: August 16th, 2017
Camera Ready deadline: September 1st, 2017
Registration deadline: see IROS web site
Workshop date: September 28th, 2017
Francis Colas, [hidden email]
Samer Mohammed, [hidden email]
David Daney, [hidden email]
Yacine Amirat, [hidden email]
Ren Luo, [hidden email]
robotics-worldwide mailing list
|Free forum by Nabble||Edit this page|