[robotics-worldwide] [Meetings] Program CfP to the ERF 2017 un-Workshop: Now coming: Research Reproducibility in Robotics

[robotics-worldwide] [Meetings] Program CfP to the ERF 2017 un-Workshop: Now coming: Research Reproducibility in Robotics

Fabio Bonsignorio-3
Apologies for multiple postings
-------------------

Dear All,

you are kindly invited to the ERF 2017 __unWorkshop__ Now coming: Research
Reproducibility in Robotics  which will be held in  Edinburgh , on March
24, 2017 from 14:00 to 15:30

__This won't be a mini conference__

Un-talks will be given by:

1) The EU's point of view (Anne Bajart, EU Commission)
2) Benchmarking and reproducibility of experiments in Robo-spect  Project
(Elisabeth Menendez, Uc3m) (shorter)
3)  Benchmarking and reproducibility of experiments in humanoid locomotion
and especially exoskeletons (Jose' Gonzalez, CSIC) (shorter)
4)  Benchmarking and reproducibility of experiments in HRI (Amit Kumar
Pandey, Softbank Robotics)
5)  Benchmarking, reproducibility of experiments, standardization for
Industry 4.0 and beyond  (Martin Haegele, Fraunhofer IPA )
6) short update on the ongoing initiatives and chairing of discussion
(Fabio Bonsignorio, The BioRobotics Institute, SSSA and Heron Robots)

Speakers will give very short provoking prezs and raise questions to the
audience. We may have some last minute additions.
As you may notice we have 90 min, so each slot will last about 15 min

Please help by taking part in the discussion!!

More details:

Significant progress has been made in the replicability of results in
robotics research and their objective evaluation and comparison in recent
years.

A RAM special issue composed of replicable experiments and guest edited by
some of the proposers has been published at the end of 2015, and the 2015
IEEE Summer School dedicated to same topics has been held. Research

Reproducibility is now an IEEE priority and within IEEE Robotics is leading
thanks to the early activities started in 2008 by the Euron GEM and
Benchmarking SIG.

This workshop aims to share the recent developments and to discuss how to
cope with the still open issues. How should these issues be reflected into
the Work Programme 18-20 of H2020 and BEYOND?

 We aim to a real discussion (and to provide some information) with just a
few (short) prescheduled talks from some of the best speakers of previous
editions, but hopefully some more 'improvised' provocative ones. Please be
(inter- and pro- ) active and voice your opinion. The list of speakers will
be published on the workshop website a couple of weeks in advance following
the preparatory web forum and discussion.

We will trigger the discussion on the organization of the euRobotics TG on
Benchmarking and Competitions that will continue on line and in other
occasions.

All the best
Fabio

--
CONFIDENTIAL AND PRE-DECISIONAL INFORMATION

Fabio P. Bonsignorio

IEEE Senior Member

Associate Editor IEEE Robotics & Automation Magazine

ERF 2017 PC Member

Professor
Scuola Superiore Sant'Anna, Pisa, Italy
The BioRobotics Institute
viale Rinaldo Piaggio 34, 56025 Pontedera (Pisa)
https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__sssa.bioroboticsinstitute.it&d=DwIBaQ&c=clK7kQUTWtAVEOVIgvi0NU5BOUHhpN0H8p7CSfnc_gI&r=0w3solp5fswiyWF2RL6rSs8MCeFamFEPafDTOhgTfYI&m=sfkpgy9tCVKMHNU00eZi2ZAjsZ62pPVz3I84d89UtGM&s=E4s2vRWe9TxfkQYvW4bXp9M24DtUO0XtiEAjR01umt0&e=

Ceo
Heron Robots s.r.l.
Via Malta, 3/7
I-16121 Genova