From a scientific point of view, ASI can cover the following areas (non exhaustive list):
* Sensor information processing
* Mission planning and control
* Machine learning for perception and control
* Robust/secure mobile communications
* Embedded systems
* Societal issues, e.g., data protection, privacy.
From an industrial/sectorial point of view, it can cover autonomous systems operating in any environment, whether this is on land, underwater, in the air, underground, or in space. More specifically:
* Autonomous cars
* Autonomous robotic systems
* Marine, underwater vessels
* Drones and unmanned aircraft.
Proposals on ASI related activities (e.g., courses, special sessions/issues, workshops, competitions) are welcomed from any interested person/institution/company, by