[robotics-worldwide] PostDoc on Computer Vision on Cultural Heritage Technologies (CCHT@CàFoscari) [Jobs] BC 75117
PostDoc on Computer Vision on Cultural Heritage Technologies (CCHT@CàFoscari) - [ Postdoc ] BC 75117
Workplace: Venezia, CCHT, Italy
The IIT center at Ca' Foscari University in Venice - Center for Cultural Heritage Technology@CàFoscari (CCHT@CàFoscari) has the mission to research and promote new technologies and to extend existing techniques for preservation and analysis of the invaluable Cultural Heritage assets managed by cities, galleries, libraries, archives and museums across different fields of art. CCHT@CàFoscari is currently seeking to appoint a Computer Vision Postdoc.
The selected candidate will join an interdisciplinary team of researchers, contributing to the development of next-generation 3D digitization and machine learning approaches applied to the Cultural Heritage (CH) and Digital Humanities (DH) domain.
- A Ph.D. in computer science (with specialization in either computer vision or machine learning) or related field;
- Proficiency with programming languages, in particular, Python, C/C++ and MATLAB;
- Experience in the 3D computer vision field e.g. 3D reconstruction from RGBD data, photometric stereo, structure from motion, BRDF estimation, structured light systems.
- Good communication skills and ability to cooperate;
- Proficient in English language (written and oral).
- Knowledge of OpenCV, PCL and Open3D libraries;
- Practical experience on Deep Learning algorithms and relevant platforms for geometric learning (e.g. TensorFlow, PyTorch, Theano, Caffe);
- Experience in Cultural Heritage 2D-3D digitization and analysis.
The successful candidate will be offered a salary commensurate to experience and skills.
The call will remain open until the position is filled but the first deadline for evaluation of candidates will be January 6, 2019. Please send your application to [hidden email] quoting “CCHT Computer Vision Postdoc – BC 75117” in the e-mail subject. Your application shall contain i) a detailed CV, ii) a one-page research statement and iii) contact information of two referees.
Istituto Italiano di Tecnologia is an equal opportunity employer that actively seeks diversity in the workforce.
Please note that the data that you provide will be used exclusively for the purpose of professional profiles’ evaluation and selection and in order to meet the requirements of Istituto Italiano di Tecnologia.
Your data will be processed by Istituto Italiano di Tecnologia, based in Genoa, Via Morego 30, acting as Data Controller, in compliance with the rules on protection of personal data, including those related to data security.
Please also note that, pursuant to articles 15 et. seq. of European Regulation no. 679/2016 (General Data Protection Regulation), you may exercise your rights at any time by contacting the Data Protection Officer (phone +39 010 71781 - email: [hidden email])