[robotics-worldwide] Tenure-track Position at University of Nebraska-Lincoln

[robotics-worldwide] Tenure-track Position at University of Nebraska-Lincoln

Carrick Detweiler
The UNL Computer Science and Engineering Department plans to hire a
number of faculty in robotics in the coming years.  We have two
assistant professor positions this year for other areas, but we will
also seriously consider candidates in robotics as indicated in the ad
below.  I encourage any strong candidates in robotics to apply to this
position.

UNL is investing significant resources into the CSE department and our
research programs.  This is a great opportunity for those interested
in joining a growing department (currently 23 faculty) where new
faculty will be able to shape the future of the department.  I would
be happy to answer any questions about my experience joining UNL after
being a grad student at MIT, so let me know if you have any questions.

Carrick

Assistant Professor (120879)
Computer Science and Engineering Department
University of Nebraska-Lincoln

We invite outstanding individuals with research interests in Computer
Systems for tenure-track or tenured faculty positions at the Assistant
Professor rank in the Department of Computer Science and Engineering.
We are particularly interested in candidates specializing in research
areas such as computational nanotechnology, nanoscale simulation and
behavioral prediction, numerical modeling of complex phenomena in
nanoscience and engineering, and the analysis and management of “Big
Data”. Outstanding candidates in robotics and control systems will
also be considered.

Candidates are encouraged to collaborate with faculty in computer
science and engineering, physics, electrical engineering, mechanical
and materials engineering, and chemical engineering departments, the
School of Biological Sciences, U of Nebraska Medical Center, and the
Nebraska Center for Materials and Nanoscience.
The University seeks individuals with exceptional promise for, or
proven record of, research achievement who will excel in teaching
undergraduate and graduate courses, take a position of international
leadership in defining their field of study, and contribute to the
diversity and excellence of the academic community through their
research, teaching and/or service.

Candidates will hold a PhD in Computer Engineering, Computer Science,
Electrical Engineering, or a closely related discipline. Applicants
should have excellent communication skills and a strong desire to work
in a team/collaborative environment. To apply, please go to
http://employment.unl.edu and complete the Faculty/Administrative
application 120879. The cover letter should include names of at least
three references and statement of teaching and research. Review of
applications will begin January 7, 2013 and will continue until the
position has been filled. The official advertisement can be viewed at
http://cse.unl.edu/search. Please contact the search committee chair
Professor Witty Srisa-an [[hidden email], (402) 472-5004] for
questions regarding the position.

The University of Nebraska has an active National Science Foundation
ADVANCE gender equity program, and is committed to a pluralistic
campus community through affirmative action, equal opportunity,
work-life balance, and dual careers.

--
Carrick Detweiler
Assistant Professor