[robotics-worldwide] [ai-robotics] [jobs] A fully-financed PhD at LAAS-RIS Laboratory, Toulouse, France
A fully-financed PhD student opportunity is now available at LAAS-CNRS
(Toulouse, France) working with Dr. Rachid Alami team in human-robot
Human–Robot Interaction (HRI) represents a challenge for Artificial
Intelligence (AI) and Robotics. The thesis will focus on a specific
class of interactions: human–robot collaborative task achievement.
This involves shared plan elaboration, task and motion planning and
robot on-line decisional abilities as well as human-robot
communication and dialog management to conduct such an activity. Key
notions that will support this work are Joint Action, Shared Plans,
Affordances, Perspective taking, Knowledge Representation and Theory
of Mind in order to implement the consideration of the human partner
mental state when planning and acting). Learning within such a
framework will also be considered.
This work will be conducted in the context of a H2020 European
Project. The team has already established competence and results in
the field. The applicant will be in charge of extending and enriching
the current schemes.
In addition to a passion for AI, robotics, programming, you should be
open to extend your thinking to the issues linked to Human-Robot
Interaction and the associated topics of acceptability and
predictability of robot behaviour.
- Master degree in Computer Science, AI, Cognitive Robotics or closely related fields
- Excellent academic track record
- Good English skills, written and spoken
- Strong background in one of the following: AI, Algorithmics, Planning and Reasoning schemes
- Strong C++ skills, Python
- Ability to work as a teammate with other researchers
Familiarity with tools such as ROS, and Git is a must.
Starting Date: October 2018 or later
Application deadline: The evaluation of the candidates starts
immediately and will continue until the position is filled.
1. Letter of motivation
2. A detailed CV (Nationality, Date of Birth, English level, previous experience, scientific publications if any);
3. Transcripts of records of your BSc. and MSc
4. List of at least 3 references
5. Recommandation letters