[robotics-worldwide] [jobs] 12 positions in Aerial Robotics for ERC Advanced Grant GRIFFIN and other H2020 Projects
The Robotics Laboratory (GRVC) at the University of Seville (Spain) has
opened *12 positions *for:
·new H2020 *ERC Advanced Grant GRIFFIN* (Principal Investigator Anibal
Ollero) dealing with safe and long endurance flapping wing aerial robots
with perching and manipulation capabilities,
·the following new H2020 EU-funded projects also dealing with aerial
robotics: *HYFLIERS *on hybrid aerial-ground locomotion system for
inspection, *GAUSS* on safe operations with GALILEO-EGNOS, *SAFEDRONE*
on very low level operations with unmanned and manned aircrafts,
*RESIST* on applications to infrastructure inspections and *AeRoTwin *on
spreading excellence in aerial robotics
*Aerial robotics topics:*mechanical and mechatronic design, aerodynamic
modelling and control, aerial soft robotics and compliance, perception
and control for landing and manipulation, bioinspired perception and
control, motion planning with dynamic awareness, collision detection
and avoidance, multi-robot systems,Bayesian estimation and sensor
fusion, machine learning, SLAM and real-time perception systems,
- Senior researcher positions with strong publication record, as well as
experience and solvency in managing robotic projects and work teams.
- Postdoc researcher positions with publication record and experience in
technically developing projects. Candidates should have experience in
the above topics, and in participating in complex R&D projects.
Excellent English writing skills and capacity to prepare project
- PhD positions for motivated early stage researchers in aerial robotic
systems control/planning and perception. Candidates must have Master of
Science degree and a strong background and/or interest in some of the
above aerial robotics topics.
Selected applicants should have team working skills, have good or
excellent English and scientific writing skills. Should combine a strong
interest in scientific research with eagerness to transfer the
- Senior researcher position: Contract with gross yearly amount to be
- Postdoc: Contract with gross yearly amount greater than 33.000 EUR.
- PhD positions: Contract, or scholarship including full social security
+ bonus depending on performance, reaching up to 25,000 EUR
For all positions, the initial contract will be for a period of 1 year
and will start in the third quarter of 2018. This contract could be
extended for a total of 3 or 4 years (depending on the project), subject
to good performance.
1) Type of position (Senior researcher, Postdoc or PhD.) and particular
aerial robotics topics (see list above) you are applying.
2) A motivation letter briefly describing the motivation of your
application: what do you consider the best facts in your CV? What are
your reasons to ask for the position? Why would you like to work at the
3) A detailed CV including a list of publications (if available).
4) If available: 1-3 English language documents describing your earlier
research (e.g., scientific papers, PhD thesis, MSc. thesis, project
report, etc.). These documents don´t need to be on the topic of the
5) For PhD positions: a transcript of your educational record (list of
courses per year, number of obtained credits, obtained marks). It does
not need to be an official document at this stage. A (rough) indication
or estimate of your rank among other students (e.g., top 10% among 35
students in my master).