[robotics-worldwide] [jobs] 2018 REU in Robotics for Assistive Technology at UW-Stout
Greetings, please distribute the announcement below to undergraduate students and faculty. Thank you.
University of Wisconsin-Stout
NSF- Research Experience for Undergraduates (REU) Program
Interdisciplinary Research in Robotics for Assistive Technology
The Robotics REU Site focuses on interdisciplinary research in human-robot communication, robotic assistive technology in manufacturing, mobile and wireless robot control. This REU Site provides undergraduate students for summer research experience by creating an atmosphere of excitement and creativity. Each REU participant will work directly with our faculty members.
- 8 week summer research in Robotics (June 18 - August 10, 2018)
- Hands-on faculty mentored research
- Seminars and workshops
- Enrichment sessions, including how to apply for graduate school, mastering the GRE, how to apply for scholarships
- Social activities
- Outreach opportunities
- U.S. Citizen or permanent resident
- Undergraduate students majoring in Electrical/Computer Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, or Biomedical Engineering
- Minorities and women strongly encouraged to apply
- $4,000 stipend
- Travel allowance
- Room and board
Selections will be based on a combination of research interests, academic qualifications, and faculty recommendations. Only a complete application packet will be reviewed, including: Resume, Transcripts, Research Interests, and Reference Letter.
Devin Berg Ph.D.
330 Fryklund Hall
Engineering & Technology Dept.
University of Wisconsin - Stout