[robotics-worldwide] [jobs] Assistant and Associate Professor positions in Bio- and Neural Robotics in Odense
The Maersk Mc-Kinney Moller Institute, University of Southern Denmark,
invites applications for Assistant or Associate Professor with
research focus in Neural Robotics, Bio-inspired or Biorobotics, available
from January 2018 and based in Odense.
The positions are based in the Embodied Systems for Robotics and
Learning (ESRL) unit and will complement the unit's existing research
- neural models of control for embodied robots;
- bio-inspired / neural learning mechanisms;
- cross-modal and multi-modal sensory interpretation;
- development of bio-inspired and embodied robotic hardware;
- bio-inspired collective behaviour in robot groups;
- embedded electronics design and research;
- development and use of robotic educational tools;
- morphological computation and the role of embodiment.
Duties comprise research and teaching, student project supervision and
acquisition of external funding.
If you have a Ph.D. in a computing, mathematical, computational
neuroscience or robotics-related discipline and a research track
record including strong interdisciplinary work in one or more of the
topics above, send us an application: for more detail and application
form see . The closing date is the 27th of October, 2017.
For more information about these positions, please contact Professor
John Hallam <[hidden email]>.