Advanced Remanufacturing and Technology Centre
The Advanced Remanufacturing and Technology Centre (ARTC) is a new
industry-led centre by the Agency for Science, Technology and Research
(A*STAR) in collaboration with Nanyang Technological University (NTU). Based
on a contemporary business model of public-private partnership, the centre
transforms remanufacturing and manufacturing research into industry ready
solutions for cross-sectoral industry members by bringing together
best-in-class global companies and R&D minds in Singapore.
Currently, the ARTC works with 48 industry members to develop advanced
remanufacturing and manufacturing capabilities. The members are comprised of
global MNCs, leading equipment and software providers as well as SMEs.
At ARTC, you will have a unique opportunity to unleash your creativity and
competencies to develop innovative solutions for industry members. Spanning
across our key technical areas in Repair & Restoration, Surface Enhancement,
Product Verification, Robotics Process Development, Additive Manufacturing
(3D Printing) and Smart Manufacturing. You will help industry members to
realize the full potential of remanufacturing possibilities, from process
development to integrated systems and solutions. In addition, you will
support industry members to develop strategies and technology roadmaps in
Advanced Remanufacturing. You will also be part of an exciting Advanced
Remanufacturing network, developing world-class knowledge in the field of
For more information about ARTC, please visit:
Reporting to and working closely with the Group Manager, to plan & drive the
technology development & research direction for the Advanced Robotic
Applications group. As a subject matter expert, he/she will also be
mentoring junior engineers or scientist to deliver important KPIs that are
aligned to ARTC strategic goals. The successful candidate will be
responsible for delivering key projects and ensure relevance to the
Specific responsibilities are:
• Develop group technology roadmap of robotic capabilities, for
manufacturing process and ensure it is align to market trends and customer
• Drive personal and team’s R&D effort in robotic process technology
development for manufacturing applications
• Mentor the staff in design, analyze, troubleshoot and debugging systems
and develop automation solutions using robots, for industry partners
• Propose and develop team’s R&D direction and ensure it is align to market
trends, customer requirements and ARTC strategic directions.
• Lead & motivate a team of engineers for key projects delivery. It will
include in-house, collaborative (with University and A*STAR institutes) and
• Manage and plan technical training & career growth for engineer and
scientist to meet group’s key performance indicators.
• Responsible for delivering group’s KPI in terms of knowledge creation,
technology transfer, publications and intellectual property.
• Minimum 12 years of experience in manufacturing technology development (at
least 4-6 years of experience in R&D) especially in the area of automation
and robotic technology, with extensive knowledge in integrating software &
hardware to develop robotic applications for manufacturing process
• Possess broad knowledge in developing software architecture, design and
evaluate technologies for robotic systems with industry standards
• Significant experience in programming / software development (GUI,
drivers, Linux-based development)
• Minimum 3-4 years of work experience in control system for industrial
automation & tools like image processing, machine vision etc.
• Good experience in translating business requirements from manufacturing
industry into system requirements for automation process
• Possess broad knowledge in using lean tools such as DMAIC or PFMEA etc and
use this knowledge to facilitate technical discussion and derive appropriate
• Proven track record of success in leadership positions
• Capable in customer engagement and advice key customers on technical risk,
alternatives or solutions.
• Proven experience in leading and mentoring engineers or scientist to
deliver R&D projects for internal or external customers.
• Proven experience in leading integrated project teams and possess track
record in delivering technology solutions to improve productivity.
• Able to make effective and persuasive presentations on complex topics to
staff, customers, top management and public groups.
How to apply:
• Email your detailed resume to [hidden email].
• Kindly indicate the position you are applying for in the subject header
• We regret to inform that only shortlisted candidates will be notified
• The above eligibility criteria are not exhaustive. A*STAR may include
additional selection criteria based on its prevailing recruitment policies.
These policies may be amended from time to time without notice.
Sent from: https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__robotics-2Dworldwide.1046236.n5.nabble.com_&d=DwIFaQ&c=clK7kQUTWtAVEOVIgvi0NU5BOUHhpN0H8p7CSfnc_gI&r=0w3solp5fswiyWF2RL6rSs8MCeFamFEPafDTOhgTfYI&m=wf5K8hZHckRMBZLTQ_VzCV7mKQBpGOf4AnBm6y2WXcM&s=13LU2PnPkH7OZctwCNbiphYAY5Mjp_QzX0EiCC_b2mM&e=
robotics-worldwide mailing list
|Free forum by Nabble||Edit this page|