[robotics-worldwide] [jobs] Controls Research Engineer, Robotics at SRI International
We are seeking a Controls Engineer for the Robotics and Medical Systems Program at SRI International. You will join a team of high performance individuals to help lead the designs of a new generation of robotic systems leveraging novel technologies and innovation created within SRI Robotics. We are looking for demonstrated capability to innovate, lead new developments and turn ideas into functional systems. The candidate will have a passion to break new ground with a background of developing practical solutions for new technologies or products and enjoys the challenge and experience of creating truly unique systems.
A recent focus within SRI Robotics has been on human-inspired robotic platforms, including bipedal locomotion, scalable 6+ DoF manipulators, and dexterous end-effector development. The ideal candidate will be motivated to leverage these component technologies paired with legacy and additional SRI project technologies to create new and novel robotic platform capabilities targeting a breadth of government and commercial markets.
The position will require a wide breath of technical and interpersonal skills, ranging from performing detailed engineering development to interacting with customers and developing a vision for new programs.
• Development, implementation and testing of novel control algorithms to improve performance and enable new capabilities in manipulation and locomotion
• Contribute and guide decisions, design and architecture of robotic systems by understanding trade-offs between mechanical, electrical and control software functions
• Analysis and modeling of robotic systems
• MS/PhD in controls related field (e.g. mechanical engineering, electrical engineering, aerospace engineering, computer science, etc.)
• 5+ years of advanced graduate or professional experience developing and implementing control algorithms
• Hands on experience and familiarity with robotic systems
• Experience modeling complex electromechanical systems
• Experience with C++/Matlab/Simulink/ROS/Python
• Experience in force control is a plus
• Machine learning background is a plus
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
--U.S. Permanent Resident status required.
Apply online at www.sri.com/careers
Job ID: 1019BR
SRI is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer