[robotics-worldwide] [jobs] Driverless car software engineers needed!
Oxbotica, a leading Artificial Intelligence firm based in Oxford, is
bringing self-driving cars to the streets of London and Oxford. Our
autonomous operating system, Selenium, is platform agnostic and can be used
to navigate autonomously around cities, warehouses and off-road
environments, using data from lasers and cameras placed on vehicles.
Encompassing the areas of navigation, perception and planning, our
innovative approach combines state-of-the-art techniques with tried and
testing engineering solutions.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join one of the UK’s premier start-ups
focusing on an amazing, fast moving area of technology. We are looking for
people who can come and make a contribution to the company, our culture,
the science and our customers.
We are looking for a great software engineer with experience in GPU
programming to join our perception team, who wishes to be at the cutting
edge of machine learning and perception. You will be working closely with
our perception engineers to bring state-of-the-art research to the real
world by developing robust code that runs in real-time onboard Oxbotica’s
fleet of autonomous vehicles.
Prior robotics experience is not necessary; just an interest and drive for
real world applications. You will be working with a world-class team of
robotics engineers, and as such, will have excellent opportunities to learn
all about robotics and autonomy.
- Responsible for GPU implementation of perception algorithms for
real-time operation on-board our autonomous vehicles.
- Working closely with the perception team to understand algorithmic
requirements and application targets to ensure utility of the code.
- Deep involvement in a project involving field deployment of a
state-of-the-art laser-based pedestrian and vehicle detection system.
*Qualifications, Training and Experience*
- Experience in GPGPU development in OpenCL, CUDA or OpenGL.
- Strong understanding of 3D transforms and linear algebra.
- Master’s degree or equivalent experience in robotics, computer science
or a related subject.
- Demonstrated excellence in C++ software development.
- Experience in writing “soft real-time” code and proficiency in Linux.
- Experience with Boost, STL, CMake, Eigen, git, unit testing.
- Strong communication skills.
- Experience in robotics, perception, computer graphics or machine
- Experience with manipulating 3D point clouds, meshes, laser data.