[robotics-worldwide] [jobs] ETH Zürich - Postdoctoral Scholar in Autonomous Systems
The Frazzoli group in the Institute for Dynamic Systems and Control,
Department of Mechanical and Process Engineering, ETH Zürich is
looking for a postdoctoral scholar.
We would like you to contribute to our research in the areas of
autonomous systems in general, and self-driving cars in particular.
The position is not tied to a specific predetermined project.
Some of the areas in which we are interested are:
- safety-critical decision-making in uncertain environments;
- application of formal methods to messy systems;
- task-oriented joint perception and control;
- sensing-actuation-computation-behavior co-design;
- planning across abstraction levels (from measurements to logic constraints);
- autonomy architectures using mixed-semantics models (e.g.
probabilistic + possibilistic);
- behavior shaping;
- learning to predict, imitate, and explain human and machine behavior.
We welcome applicants from any background, including Mechanical
Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Applied Mathematics, Computer
Science and Artificial Intelligence, Logic, and Machine Learning.
1. a rigorous background;
2. a fervid imagination;
3. the ability to translate the (1) rigorous and (2) imaginative ideas
into working code.
Our group is proud of its excellence in teaching and outreach, which
we see as complementary to our research activity, and we expect you to
share this enthusiasm.
Depending on your interest, some of the work may be done in
collaboration with nuTonomy, using their fleet or their data. At ETH,
we plan to have two full-size autonomous cars, a few autonomous
go-karts, and about 60 Duckiebots, give or take.
To apply, please fill the form at , including:
1) A CV with a list of publications & the title of the one paper of
which you are most proud.
2) The names of 2 references.
3) Links to source code you wrote available online & the name of the
project of which you are most proud.
Zürich is a great place in which to live---the best in the world,
according to some rankings.
Salary and benefits at ETH are generous even considering the cost of living.