The desired candidates hold a BS or MS degree in Engineering (preferably
ME, ECE, AE), Computer Science, or related fields. The candidates for this
position should have a strong background in programming, controls,
robotics, and optimization. In particular, we would like to encourage
candidates who have at least four of the following skills to apply.
· Strong programming skills in C/C++, MATLAB, and ROS
· Experience with the real-time implementation of control
algorithms on hardware
· Strong background in controls (state-space approaches, e.g.,
· Experience with optimization techniques (e.g., LP, QP, or NLP)
· Strong background in robotics (dynamic modeling and numerical
· Strong background in machine learning techniques and computer
*How to apply?*
If interested in these positions, please kindly e-mail Dr. Akbari Hamed at
[hidden email] with the subject line “*PhD Positions in Legged
Locomotion*” and attach a *cover letter* together with a *resume/CV*.
Incomplete applications will not be considered.