[robotics-worldwide] [jobs] HRI Post Doctoral Associate Disney Research
Post Doctoral Associate
Focus Area: Human-Robot Interaction
Disney Research, Los Angeles
Disney Research Los Angeles is looking for a Post Doctoral Associate in
Human-Robot Interaction, holding a Ph.D or significant industry experience.
Our Post Doctoral Associates work on and contribute to research projects
relevant to the Walt Disney Company including Walt Disney Imagineering.
WDI, in particular, designs and creates the most advanced robotic
characters for the theme parks and fine tunes the guest experience,
conducting play tests outside and within the parks. Disney Research is
committed to enhancing guest interactions with robotic characters through
systematic advancements in HRI.
Areas of interest include:
- Autonomous social robotics
- Humanoid or human-like robots
- Multimodal interactions
- Social interaction design and understanding
- Recognition of Emotion, Action, and Intent
- Ph.D. in Computer Science or related fields or significant industry
- Expertise in ROS
- Expertise in Python / C++
Desired skills include:
- Experience in motion planning
- Experience in perception for HRI
- Interest in implementing research for business applications
- Demonstrated publication record
Our staff interacts directly with all core business areas of The Walt
Disney Company including Theme Parks and Imagineering, Consumer Products,
our Live Action and Animation Studios, and Media Networks. We publish our
research and are actively engaged with the global research community, and
our researchers collaborate closely with local academic institutions.