[robotics-worldwide] [jobs] Mechanical Robotics Engineer Position at Dream Face Technologies (Denver)
Dream Face Technologies is seeking a self-driven, hands-on Mechanical
Robotics Engineer to join our small team of engineers in bringing our
socially-assistive companion robot into market. As a core member of the
small engineering team, you will be responsible for designing, prototyping,
and testing various mechanical subsystems of the robot. Initial
responsibilities of the position will be to overhaul the current design of
the robot’s active arms and build a working prototype. In the future, you
will help to modify and improve the overall mechanical design of the robot
to make it market ready.
Dream Face Technologies is a startup company working out of the University
of Denver campus in Colorado where we have access to a full machine shop
and high-end 3D printing machines, so you will have the exciting
opportunity to be involved in the entire development process, from design,
to fabrication and test.
• Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering or similar
• Prior experience designing, building, and testing mechanical
systems, preferably with direct experience in working with robotics.
• Strong experience and skill in design and analysis using Solidworks
• Fabrication skills highly desired
• Familiarity with motor control systems (PID controllers, DC motors,
servo motors, encoders, etc.)
• Familiarity with Robot Operating System (ROS) and C++ programming