[robotics-worldwide] [jobs] Multiple PhD student position openings in medical robots at Kent State University
Applications are invited for fully funded graduate scholarship positions
PhD student at the College of Aeronautics and Engineering in Kent State
University. The positions will start in spring/fall 2020. The students will
work in Dr. Tao Shen’ research lab, and focus
on medical robotics projects.
1) Potential candidates should have held or will have a bachelor degree in
mechanical engineering, electrical engineering, automation, mechatronics,
computer engineering/science, or robotics etc. by fall 2019.
2) Candidates should maintain a GPA of 3.0 on US 4.0 scale for their B. S.
3) International students are required to meet the basic English proficiency
requirement (TOEFL 79, IELTS 6.5, etc.) by fall 2019;
4) Excellent writing and communication skills;
5) Individuals with proficiency in mechanical 3D modeling, programming
languages, manufacturing tools, and electronic control are encouraged to
6) Prior experience in robotics, embedded system design, motion planning and
is a plus.
The following items should be provided as email attachments: CV, statement
of interest (recommended length 1-2 pages), and sample of published
writing (if available). Interested applicants should send application via
email to [[hidden email]]] quoting “Graduate assistant application, Medical
Robots” in the email subject. Positions will remain open until filled.