[robotics-worldwide] [jobs] - NASA Student Intern Call - September 2018 - Update
To: Robotics Worldwide US Undergraduate and Graduate Students.
Updated Information on NASA: Student Intern Call
(Please note that the announcement opening has changed to Tuesday 9/4 and will be at 12:01 AM Eastern Time. This corresponds to 11:01 PM Central Time on Monday, Labor Day, 9/3/18.)
As a follow-up to our note last month, six JSC Pathways Intern announcements will be opening on Tuesday, 9/4/18. Please forward the direct links below to your networks.
One important note: each job announcement will be considered closed at 11 p.m. CST on either the date that a specific number applications are received or on 9/6/18, whichever occurs first. Please encourage applicants to read the postings in their entirety to understand the unique requirements for each announcement.
At JSC, you'll have the opportunity to contribute to our continued work of building a new NASA vehicle to enable human deep space exploration, work on the operation and development of the International Space Station in cooperation with our Internal Partners, and work with industry to help foster the commercial space sector.
Our Pathways Intern Program follows a cooperative education model where current undergraduate and graduate students gain valuable work experience on an alternating school/work basis, and serves as a pipeline for our future full-time employees. Interns receive the same benefits as full-time employees such as bi-weekly pay, insurance, and paid time-off.
Each work tour you will rotate into a different functional area at JSC, which allows you to try out different career paths while you are still in school and decide what you want to do after graduation. Each time you come for a work tour you'll be assigned a mentor who will work side-by-side with you to assign you a meaningful project and provide the tools/knowledge to complete it.
What Type of Students is NASA Looking for?
Generally, we're looking for students who:
* Are well-rounded, focusing on academics as well as on-campus and/or community involvement
* Possess good interpersonal skills and work well in teams
* Are self-motivated
* Want to be part of an innovative workforce
* Have a passion for space and our mission
This semester we are recruiting the following majors:
* Business: Accounting, Business Administration, Finance, Law, Contracts, Purchasing, Economics, Industrial Management, Marketing, Quantitative Methods, Supply Chain Management or Organization, Management, Communication, Journalism, and Human Resources.
* Technical: Aerospace Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Software Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Physics, Materials Science, and Materials Engineering.
* Be a U.S. citizen
* Be enrolled (or accepted for enrollment) in an accredited educational institution
* Be enrolled on at least half-time basis pursuing a bachelor's degree or higher
* Have and maintain a cumulative grade point average (GPA) of at least 2.90 (on a 4.00 scale); 3.0 and higher preferred.
* Have completed at least 30 semester hours or 45 quarter hours towards a bachelor's degree or pursuing a graduate degree.
* Undergraduate students must have at least 30 semester hours or 45 quarter hours remaining prior to graduation. Graduate and doctorate students must have an expected graduate date no earlier than one year from the closing date of a job announcement.
The USAJobs system will start accepting JSC Pathways Intern applications at 12:01 AM Eastern Time on Monday, September 3. There will be several postings (Mech, Elect, etc...) open for applications. The student should open a USAjobs account as soon as possible and build their resume so that it can be immediately submitted on September 3 when the postings become available.