[robotics-worldwide] [jobs] Omron, Controls Engineer, Pleasanton CA
We are looking to hire the following.
Should be a PhD level person or someone with 5 years exp and an advanced degree.
Controls system Engineer
OMRON Robotics and Safety Technologies, Inc. (ORT) is a global, leading provider of intelligent vision-guided robotics systems and services. ORT systems provide unmatched performance and economic value throughout the production lifecycle, enabling customers to achieve precision, quality and productivity in their assembly, handling and packaging processes. ORT is currently seeking a controls system Engineer to join our Control and Robotics Team in Pleasanton, CA.
Join ORT's Controls and Robotics team and participate in the development of our future Industrial Robots Systems. Design and implement advanced new control techniques for the future of Omron robotics products.
* Design, simulate, and test new control algorithms for industrial robotic systems.
* Optimize control algorithms and robot motion planning.
* Trajectory planning and generation for multi-axis robots (serial or parallel)
* Ability to bring up robots, and characterize their closed loop performance.
* Perform detailed analysis of control system performance under a variety of operating conditions.
* Work closely with the embedded software group to implement and deploy control algorithms for our robots.
Senior -- Strong theoretical and applied skills in control theory with a good understanding of software development techniques and practices.
* BS/MS/ with 5 plus years or a PhD with a major in control theory, related field or equivalent practical experience.
* 5+ years of experience as a hands-on Controls Engineer or Robotics Engineer working on automation and/or electromechanical systems
* Experience with a variety of control techniques, e.g. State space, frequency domain control design, vibration control, feedforward and adaptive control techniques.
* Experience with collaborative robots and obstacle avoidance
* Understanding of servo, stepper, or VFD motor control techniques and implementation.
* Experience translating control algorithms into code.
* Experience in MATLAB and C/C++
* Interface with highly technical staff of different disciplines (process engineers, mechanical engineers, software engineers).
* Strong software skills are required with a willingness to gain deeper software engineering expertise.
* Understanding of robot kinematics and motion control
Very occasional travel abroad (Europe, Japan).
Omron Management Center of America
2700 Camino Ramon, Suite 140
San Ramon, CA 94583