[robotics-worldwide] [jobs] Ph.D. Student Positions in Robot Learning at U. Innsbruck
** Deadline: January 26, 2018 **
Inquire with Prof. Piater *beforehand* as detailed below.
The research group in Intelligent and Interactive Systems  has
multiple openings for Ph.D. students. These are university assistant
positions that include minor teaching requirements. The research will be
loosely aligned with ongoing research projects in the lab :
- open-ended and intrinsically-motivated robot learning
- goal-oriented exploratory learning
- prediction of action effects
- interactive programming by demonstration / kinesthetic teaching
- robot skill optimization
- human-robot interaction and collaboration
- robot vision and closed-loop sensorimotor interaction
Applicants must have
- earned, or be about to earn, an M.Sc. degree or equivalent in a relevant area,
- an excellent academic record,
- demonstrated prior achievements in some of the above areas,
- a strong mathematical background,
- substantial programming experience in C++ and other languages, and
- excellent written and oral communication skills in English.
Enthusiasm for leading-edge research, a team spirit and independent
problem-solving skills are essential.
The University of Innsbruck, Austria
The history of the University of Innsbruck dates back to 1669. It offers
a complete set of academic curricula and currently counts 28000
students. Founded in 2001, our young Department of Computer Science is
highly productive in diverse research domains, and is internationally
very well connected.
Innsbruck is home to 35000 students who imprint a distinctive,
international student atmosphere upon this lively city of
130000. Beautifully located in the Tyrolean Alps, on the Inn river and
surrounded by summits of up to 2718m, Innsbruck offers outstanding
opportunities and quality of life all around the year.
How to Apply
Interested applicants should send a letter of motivation, a curriculum
vitae including URLs of English-language theses and dissertations,
scanned transcripts and diplomas, and contact information of at least
two references in PDF to [hidden email].
Applications will be considered until January 26, 2018. Starting dates
are as soon as possible until March 2018.