[robotics-worldwide] [jobs] PhD / DPhil Studentship in AI for Multi-Robot Systems at the Oxford Robotics Institute
The Oxford Robotics Institute (ORI) and Honda Research Institute Europe (HRI-EU) are looking for an excellent candidate to undertake a DPhil at the University of Oxford, supervised by Professor Nick Hawes from ORI and Dr.-Ing. Manuel Mühlig from HRI-EU.
The DPhil will address problems in the space of integrating planning and learning over long durations for multi-robot systems. The work will be set in the context of autonomous systems cooperating with humans in a smart environment. We expect the research to address:
· multi-agent planning under uncertainty;
· using machine learning to create models on which planning can be based;
· balancing the known daily tasks of the multi-robot system against expected future demands;
· generating explanations of task commitments;
· the practical implementation and evaluation of research results on mobile robots in end-user environments.