[robotics-worldwide] [jobs] PhD / Postdoc position in Soft Robotics (Berlin)
Research Assistant - salary grade E 13 TV-L
The manual dexterity of humans remains unmatched by robotic manipulation systems. We aim to significantly reduce this
gap by producing highly capable manipulation systems. Inspired and guided by observations and understanding of
human manipulation skills, this project explores systematic co-design of hand morphology and motion generation/control
to devise systems with novel (in-hand) manipulation capabilities. The aim is to develop a principled understanding of soft
robotic (in-hand) manipulation.
Faculty IV - Institute of Computer Engineering and Microelectronics / Robotics and Biology Laboratory
Reference number: IV-944/19 (starting at the earliest possible / limited until for 3 years / closing date for applications
Working field: Research on soft dexterous, sensorized robot hands and soft manipulation; it is possible to work towards
- successfully completed university degree (Master, Diploma or equivalent) in Computer Science or a related subject with outstanding results
- excellent knowledge and experience in soft robotics, soft manipulation, soft sensing
- experience in (deep) machine learning, computer vision, control and planning are desirable
- knowledge of object-oriented programming
- very good English skills; good command of German is required or the willingness to learn this
For more information please contact [hidden email] or call +49 (0)30 314 73110.
Please send your application with the reference number IV-944/19 and the usual documents by email as a single pdf
file to [hidden email].
To ensure equal opportunities between women and men, applications by women with the required qualifications are
explicitly desired. Qualified individuals with disabilities will be favored. The TU Berlin values the diversity of its members and is committed to the goals of equal opportunities.