[robotics-worldwide] [jobs] PhD openings in robotics at LAAS-CNRS
Fully-funded PhD positions available at LAAS-CNRS (Toulouse, France) working with Dr. Antonio Franchi on the following subjects:
— Perception methods and architectures for multiple networked mobile robots (both aerial and ground)
— Control methods and architectures for multiple networked mobile robots (both aerial and ground)
— Deep learning-based methods for robust and adaptive control of aerial (flying) robots
- A passion for robotics, mathematics, programming and abstract thinking,
- Excellent written and spoken English skills,
- A Master degree in computer engineering/science, mechanical engineering, electrical engineering, robotics, physics, or related fields,
- Excellent academic track record,
- Experience with Linux, Matlab, C++, Python,
- Familiarity with tools such as ROS, OpenCV, Git, TensorFlow, Deep Learning frameworks, and GPU optimization skills constitute a strong plus.
Starting Date: September / October 2018
Application deadline: The evaluation of the candidates starts immediately and will continue until the positions are filled.