[robotics-worldwide] [jobs] PhD position in Virtual Reality at ETH Zurich
The Innovation Center Virtual Reality (ICVR) at the ETH Zurich conducts research in the field of Virtual and Mixed Reality. Headed by Prof. Andreas Kunz, the activities range from basic research in user interaction to applications in industry.
We are offering a PhD position on the topic of VR interfaces for visually impaired people. Within this research, you mainly focus on team meetings of visually impaired and sighted people. Your research will include capturing three-dimensionally distributed information such as artifacts on boards and tables, gestures, etc. and transferring it to conventional or new serial interaction devices for visually impaired people. Your research will thus tackle object and person tracking algorithms, reasoning, machine learning and HCI aspects. You will also evaluate your research in several user studies. Your research project will also bring you in contact with an international team of researchers.
· Master degree in computer science, engineering or equivalent.
· Proficiency in C#/C++, experience in developing VR applications is a plus.
· Highly motivated and interested in the mentioned research field.
· Interested to be engaged in teaching and education at ETH Zurich, supervising students’ theses and small student groups.
· Proficiency in writing and speaking English. Willing to learn German is a plus.
The position is available immediately.
How to Apply
We are happy to receive your application consisting of motivation letter, CV, transcript as well as two references.
Please send your application to [hidden email]<mailto:[hidden email]> with the subject line [PhD Application] Your Name.