[robotics-worldwide] [jobs] PhD positions in Robotics and Autonomous Systems at UTSA
This post was updated on .
Fully funded PhD positions are available starting Spring 2018 in autonomous systems, robotics, machine learning, and human-robot interaction. Research will be conducted in the Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering, University of Texas at San Antonio (UTSA), under the supervision of Dr. Yongcan Cao.
- A Bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering, computer science, mechanical engineering, aerospace engineering, or a related field;
- Strong background in statistics, signal processing, and system and control theory;
- Excellent writing and communication skills;
- Proficiency in Matlab and Python
- Master’s degree;
- Experience in Robot Operating System, machine/deep learning, and computer vision;
- Hands-on experience in UAVs or ground robots;
- Demonstrated research experience (i.e., a good publication record).
As a minority institution, we welcome applications from underrepresented students such as African American, Hispanic, and Native American students.
How to apply:
Send the following documents in a single PDF file
- One page cover letter describing your interest, goal, and how your background fits well;
- CV or resume;
About UTSA and San Antonio
Established in 1969, UTSA is the largest university in the San Antonio area with over 28,000 students enrolled. It was selected by Times Higher Education as one of the best universities in the world under 50 years old.
San Antonio, officially the City of San Antonio, is the seventh most populated city in the United States of America. It is notable for Spanish colonial missions, the Alamo, the River Walk, the Tower of the Americas, the Alamo Bowl, and Marriage Island. Commercial entertainment includes SeaWorld and Six Flags Fiesta Texas theme parks, and according to the San Antonio Convention and Visitors Bureau, the city is visited by about 26 million tourists a year. The city is home to the five-time NBA champion San Antonio Spurs.