Multiple funded MPhil-PhD positions are available at Bio-Inspired Robotics Laboratory, University of Cambridge, UK. We seek strong candidates who can start October 2018, and have experiences in the research area of design, control, and simulation of soft robots.
The priority will be given to the candidates with strong background and experiences in one or more of the following research areas:
- Design, modeling and control of soft robots
- Development and experimentations with soft functional materials
- 3D printing and other rapid prototyping technologies
- Modeling and simulation of deformable structures and robots
- Computer vision and recognition of soft objects
- Computer graphics and physics-based simulation
- Machine learning for robots and evolutionary robotics
The most funding opportunities are restricted to the candidates with UK or EU citizenships, but there are also scholarships for exceptionally strong oversea candidates.
To apply, please send an email to (fumiya.iida at eng.cam.ac.uk) with your cv, a brief introduction of your research background, and contact information of two or three professional references. The selection process will be closed as soon as the positions are filled.