[robotics-worldwide] [jobs] Post Doc opening (Biomedical Robotics/Modeling) at IIT
Post Doc position in Biomedical Robotics and Modeling for Biomedical Applications
at the Center for Micro-BioRobotics of the Italian Institute of Technology (IIT), Italy
Deadline for applications: August 31st, 2017
The major objective of this research area is to develop novel robotics solutions for biomedical applications. At the component level, we aim at investigating novel tools (e.g. flexible and controllable tools) featuring enhanced operation through tissue and anatomical cavities. To this purpose, we strongly adopt model-based design. At the system level, we aim at developing robotic platforms improving current medical approaches. At both levels, we also pursue the synergy between robot-assisted therapy and nanotechnology-related solutions.
These research activities are performed in a fully equipped lab including a robotic manipulator, haptic interfaces, optical/electromagnetic trackers, an ultrasound system as well as complementary h/w and s/w tools (for scientific computing, solid modeling and multi-physics simulations). Based on targeted applications, research activities can leverage the excellent CMBR facilities, as well as collaborations.
We are looking for a scientist with the following competences/skills:
* Sound background and working experience in mechatronics/robotics;
* Proficiency in computer-aided design, enabling device prototyping/fabrication;
* Strong competencies in programming (C/C++, ROS), in particular in the control of robotic manipulators/devices;
* Competencies in numerical modeling (MATLAB, commercial packages) of rigid and deformable systems;
* Basic knowledge of materials and fabrication processes functional to design/prototyping.
All the above competences/skills are highly desirable but not all are strictly mandatory.
Strong organizational skills, creativity, motivation and communication skills (oral and written) are highly required.
The prospective candidate has a Ph.D. in Mechatronics, Mechanical/Aerospace Engineering, Robotics or related fields.