[robotics-worldwide] [jobs] PostDoc position at Poznan University of Technology.
PostDoc position at Poznan University of Technology,
we are looking for 1 postdoc to join Institute of Control, Robotics and
Information Engineering Institute at Poznan University of Technology.
Our group is focused on perception for mobile robotics with special
interest on walking machines. Full-time position with a fixed term contract.
The PostDoc will join our team in H2020 THING (THING (subTerranean
Haptic INvestiGator). A joint effort of The University of Edinburgh,
Poznan University of Technology, Universita Di Pisa, Eidgenoessische
Technische Hochschule Zuerich, University of Oxford, qbrobotics Srl,
ANYbotics Ag, KGHM Cuprum Research and Development Centre
THING project is focused on advancing the perceptual capabilities of
highly mobile legged platforms through haptic perception and active
exploration. In this light, THING will work on:
1) Improved perceptual capability, enriching existing modalities (lidar,
vision) with haptic information,
2) A heightened physical sense of the environment, including friction,
ground stability (difficult through vision alone), and
3) Enhanced mobility through improved perception, prediction, and control.
- PhD in robotics, computer vision or related field
- Very good track record of academic publications related to 2D and 3D
or haptic perception for robotics
- High-level programming skills in Linux and ROS
- Outstanding team and communication skills