[robotics-worldwide] [jobs] Postdoc Position in Agricultural Robotics at MIT
One postdoctoral position is available in the Department of Mechanical Engineering at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology. The researcher will work on computer vision, sensing, and machine learning for an automated sugarcane production project. The project is a multidisciplinary project that will require collaboration with other scientists and engineers. The position is available for one year with the possibility of an additional one year extension. There is no U.S. citizenship requirement – international applicants are welcome!
• PhD in computer science, electrical engineering, mechatronics, or a related field (at the time of hire)
• Strong track record of academic publications
• Research experience with computer vision, hyperspectral imaging, and machine learning
• Hands on experience with robotic hardware in a field environment, including multi-sensor calibration and setup
• Proficiency in software engineering using C/C++, OpenCV, Matlab, etc.
• Knowledge of Linux and development on Linux systems; proven system integration and software architecture skills; experience with simulation environments and ROS (Robot Operating System) is also desired
Anticipated start date: August 1st, 2017
How to apply:
Send an email to Drs. Hermano Igo Krebs ([hidden email]) and Joe Davidson ([hidden email]) with a single, consolidated pdf file containing the following
• Updated CV
• Relevant publications (no more than three)
• Names and contact information of three references
Please use COMPUTER VISION AND ROBOTICS POST-DOC in the subject line.