Digital Futures is a cross-disciplinary research centre that explores and
develops digital technologies of great societal importance. It was jointly
established this year by KTH Royal Institute of Technology, Stockholm
University and RISE Research Institutes of Sweden, based on significant
long-term support of a Strategic Research Area by the Swedish Government.
The program offers funded two-year positions to talented early career
researchers in the broad area of technology for digital transformations and
aims to support them in pursuing their research ideas and developing their
The core research themes in Digital Futures are “Trust”, “Learn”, and
“Cooperate” cutting across four prioritized societal contexts -- Smart
society, Digitalized industry, Rich and healthy life, and Engineering
education. The postdoc fellows' research should fit broadly in that scope.
*What we offer*
- Funding to pursue research ideas and a possibility to conduct research in
a new research group at a leading university or institute that creates
knowledge and expertise for a sustainable future. The funding includes
salary costs for 2 years for each employed postdoc fellow.
- A network of colleagues and peers with high ambitions in an open, curious,
and dynamic environment.
- An international workplace and environment.
- Access to Digital Futures’ resources, its network of academic and
industrial partners, infrastructure and testbeds, events and happenings.
- Mentorship and support in career development and research leadership
*Application deadline*: February 7th, 2021.
This is a recurring call, the next round of applications is expected to open
in Spring 2021.