[robotics-worldwide] [jobs] Postdoctoral Fellows and Engineers in Construction Robotics at the Chinese University of Hong Kong, Hong Kong
Postdoctoral fellow and engineer positions are open in the area of construction robotics at the C3 Robotics Manipulation Laboratory, the Chinese University of Hong Kong, affiliated with the Department of Mechanical and Automation Engineering, CUHK Robotics Institute and CUHK Centre of Robotic Construction and Architecture.
Working within an interdisciplinary team of engineers and architects, the project involves the practical development of robotic systems to perform a range of building construction related tasks, both interior and exterior operations, required due to the labour shortage, ageing workforce and industry demand.
- Mechanical design and prototyping of construction robots
- Implementing control systems to perform the tasks in an autonomous manner
- Leading the project and team of other students and engineers
- Degree related to robotics and automation (PhD degree for postdoctoral fellow and Masters degree or above with experience for engineer position)
- Experience in practical projects with robot manipulators and automation systems
- Good problem solving skills with creative solutions
- Good written and spoken communications skills (in English)
- Strong ability to work in and lead a team
This project will be supervised by Dr. Darwin Lau and involve working closely with partnering construction companies. To apply, please send application materials to Dr. Darwin Lau at [hidden email], including a CV, cover letter, related or relevant experiences and references. Salary will commensurate with qualification and experience. Hong Kong is a vibrant, international and culturally diverse city in the heart of Asia and we welcome applicants worldwide to apply and join our group!