[robotics-worldwide] [jobs] Postdoctoral Position: NICT Japan
Advanced Speech Technology Lab. at NICT, Japan
has an open *Postdoctoral* position.
## ABOUT NICT-UCRI (NICT Universal Communication Research Institute)
NICT is a Japanese national research institute that focuses on
information and communications technology. NICT employs 900
researchers/engineers/staffs, and has ten research centers. NICT-UCRI is
one of them, and is situated 30km south of Kyoto, a historical city of
## ABOUT THE POSITION
- The position is offered at a one-year basis, and is renewable until
- The salary will depend on qualifications and experience.
- The successful candidate will have access to our software engines and
large-scale corpora for spoken dialogue studies.
(1) Reference: 2017R-30
* Research Topic: "Spoken Language Understanding and Motion Generation
Using Linguistic and Non-Linguistic Information for Domestic Service Robots"
* Abstract: The objective of this project is to investigate spoken
language understanding methods using linguistic and non-linguistic
information for domestic service robots. As a successful candidate, you
will focus on applying machine learning methods to train probabilistic
models with large-scale linguistic and non-linguistic data obtained from
physical/cyber spaces, as well as on language understanding, dialogue,
and motion generation that are dependent on the situations and users.
* Minimum Qualifications
- Ph.D. in computer science, informatics, robotics, or a related field
- Strong publication record in the fields related to robot learning,
machine learning, spoken language processing, computer vision,
human-computer interaction, artificial intelligence
- Good communication skills in spoken and written English
* Preferred Qualifications
- Independent and persistent personality, as well as a team player