[robotics-worldwide] [jobs] Postdoctoral Positions in Autonomous Surgical Robotics at the University of Verona (Italy)
Dear prospective Candidates,
The Altair Robotics Laboratory of the University of Verona is looking for two new members to join the surgical robotics team to work within the ERC-ADG project ARS (Autonomous Robotic Surgery).
1. Real time reasoning and situation awareness in robotic surgery. This research will investigate the structure and the actual implementation of a real-time reasoning system that analyzes the data collected during simulated and real robotic interventions. The system should be able to compute the conditions determining the evolution of the surgical intervention, as well as identifying possible risk situations related to the patient conditions.
2. Modeling and real time control of surgical robots. This research will focus on the development of practical controllers based on hybrid system theory, that will execute a surgical task planned either using logical formalism or learned from data. The controller will also interface to a situation awareness module that will examine sensory data and determine situation parameters.
Applicants should submit the following documents:
- A short CV. Candidates should have an excellent track record of research and should demonstrate the ability to grow into scientific/technological leadership roles.
- A statement on how the research topics will be addressed.
- A letter of presentation.
- Contacts of two supervisors/mentors who could act as references.
We offer a salary based on the candidate experience and capabilities, and a state-of-the-art research environment, including a daVinci Research Kit.
Interested candidates should contact Paolo Fiorini (paolo dot fiorini at univr dot it) as early as possible. In person interviews will be possible during IROS19.
Le informazioni trasmesse sono intese soltanto per la persona o l'ente cui sono
indirizzate e possono avere contenuto confidenziale e/o riservato. La visione, la
trasmissione, la diffusione o altro uso delle informazioni di cui sopra proibita a
chiunque ad esclusione del legittimo destinatario. Se avete ricevuto queste informazioni
per errore,siete pregati di contattare il mittente e cancellare il materiale ricevuto.
The information transmitted is intended only for the person or entity to which it is
addressed and may contain confidential and/or privileged material. Any review,
retransmission, dissemination or other use of, or taking of any action in reliance upon
this information by persons or entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited.
If you received this in error, please contact the sender and delete the material from any computer.