[robotics-worldwide] [jobs] Postdoctoral Scholar position in Localization of Networked Mobile Agents
The Cooperative Systems lab (Prof. S. Kia’s group) at Mechanical and
Aerospace Engineering department of the University of California Irvine
(www.uci.edu) is currently accepting applications for a postdoctoral scholar
position. The position includes hands-on and theoretical research.
The research will focus on cooperative localization problem for a group of
mobile agents, with a special focus on human agent localization in indoor
environments. We are seeking an individual with a strong background in
probabilistic robotic and hands on experience in sensor development and
multi-robot experiments. Specific responsibilities include development of
decentralized cooperative localization algorithms as well as conceptual and
physical design of demonstration testbeds. Field studies will be an integral
part of the work, serving both to refine system specifications and to assess
new technologies. Additional responsibilities will include design and
implementation of characterization experiments, data analysis, collaboration
with other researchers, preparing publications and delivering presentations
for top journals and conferences, reporting to the funding agencies and
periodic assistance to graduate students.
* PhD degree in computer science, mechanical engineering, electrical
engineering or a related field is required.
* High quality publication record
* Strong communication and English language skills (written and spoken)
Experience in the following would be ideal:
* Integration of embedded systems, design and testing of custom
electronics, sensors, microcontrollers, firmware, etc.
* Design and implementation of distributed algorithms for networked
* Familiarity with ultra-wide band ranging sensors is highly desirable
* Creativity and a proactive attitude
* Experience in working in multidisciplinary teams
* Independent yet strong team player
Experience in the following would be useful, but not essential:
* Familiarity with robotics, measurements and automation software (e.g.
ROS, Linux based, PLC, Labview)
Prof. Solmaz S. Kia
[hidden email] solmaz.eng.uci.edu
Department of Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering
University of California, Irvine
The University of California, Irvine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative
Action Employer advancing inclusive excellence. All qualified applicants
will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin,
disability, age, protected veteran status, or other protected categories
covered by the UC nondiscrimination policy.