[robotics-worldwide] [jobs] Postdoctoral position in Soft Robotics for Medical Applications
The Biomedical Technologies division at the University of Texas at Arlington Research Institute (UTARI) invites applications for a postdoctoral research position. We are developing soft robotic based medical applications for prevention care, rehabilitation, and physical assist based on our core bubble actuator technology. Our main goal is focused on applied research in the field of biomedical systems to translate conceptual ideas to working prototypes ready for commercialization.
- PhD in Mechanical engineering, Bioengineering, Soft robotics, or closely related fields
- Experience with finite element method and analysis for design and modeling of soft and flexible robotic structures, fluid-structure interactions, and fluid-driven soft structures/mechanisms (using commercial software such as ANSYS, ABAQUS, and COMSOL or open-source software).
- Proficiency in C/C++ and MATLAB
- Excellent writing and oral communication skills
- Ability to work independently as well as in a collaborative and multidisciplinary team environment
- Experience in design and development of wearable medical robotic systems (experience with pneumatically actuated soft robotic systems is a plus)
- Experience in solid mechanics, flexible and rigid multibody dynamics
- Proficiency in programming and developing algorithms for real-time systems
- Knowledge of linear and nonlinear control theories is a plus
- Experience with 3D printing and liquid polymer fabrications
- Conduct research and development in the field of biomedical devices and robotics
o Computational modeling for design and development of soft robotic system for medical applications
o Developing algorithms for dynamic modeling and control of soft robotic systems
o Performing benchtop testing and data analysis
- Writing scientific manuscripts for journal and conference publications
- Identifying funding opportunities and writing grant proposals.
- Mentoring students/interns
- Participate in developing academic and industry collaborations
- Perform other duties as assigned
Required application documents:
- Cover letter
- Copies of up to three relevant scientific papers