The ROS-Industrial Consortiums is looking for enthusiastic and motivated candidates to join in working on industrial applications with the ROS-Industrial Consortium in USA (SwRI, Texas) and Singapore (ARTC).
USA - SwRI
ANALYST - RESEARCH ANALYST - INDUSTRIAL ROBOTICS
Job code: 10-00981
We are expanding our team working on leading technologies in industrial robotics and are looking for talented and motivated candidates to join us. Qualified candidates have the opportunity to work in a flexible and stimulating environment on diverse technical challenges in applied research and development. Job responsibilities will include: Conceive, develop and deploy robotic and automation software solutions for advanced manufacturing applications and perception-driven solutions; design, build, debug and implement robotic and automation solutions; develop and test advanced software solutions for manufacturing and industrial processes and technologies; assist in preparing proposals and cost estimates; interact with customers to promote new business and develop technical requirements; participate on and lead technical project tasks; document and report technical work; perform other duties as assigned.
BS, MS, or PhD in Robotics or Computer Science with at least a 3.5 GPA and 0 - 5 years of robotics and related software development experience. Must have experience with developing software and controls for robotics and automation. Beneficial skills include: C++ and Python software development, ROS (Robot Operating System), OpenCV, PCL (Point Cloud Library), Linux. Beneficial knowledge includes: industrial robotics, mobile robotics, 2D/3D computer vision, path planning for robotics and robot manipulation, machine learning, optimization, perception/sensing for robot guidance, localization. Travel on an as needed basis to customer sites and conference locations. A valid/clear driver's license is required.
Applicant selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. Applicant must be a U.S. citizen.
For more information please visit: https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__resapp.swri.org_ResApp_Job-5FSearch-5FResults.aspx-3FDETAIL-3D10-2D00981&d=DwIFAg&c=clK7kQUTWtAVEOVIgvi0NU5BOUHhpN0H8p7CSfnc_gI&r=0w3solp5fswiyWF2RL6rSs8MCeFamFEPafDTOhgTfYI&m=itql23NGbbeaEDtHQC2On9Fvu_D-yfJYcQ1mo3j3K_Y&s=dz1MDd5WeyALbdZif9q6D2FNDQt6K_tu1XydxRJOv8Y&e=
** Singapore - ARTC **
JOB DESCRIPTION - SOFTWARE ENGINEER (ROBOTIC SOFTWARE DEVELOPMENT)
Develop, extend, support and apply robotics software to solve industrial problems. Ability to use the ROS programming framework and Gazebo simulator. Topics of interest include 3D modelling, communications middleware, developer and debugging tools, perception, motion planning, and software packaging and distribution. The ideal candidate is proficient in at least one of these topics, and capable of expanding into others.
* Create software architecture, design and evaluate technologies to use
* Design, analyze, troubleshooting and debugging systems and develop software solutions for industry members by translating business requirements into system requirements
* Software development in C++, Python tools and libraries
* Full life-cycle library and application development.
* Support, maintenance, and documentation of software functionality.
* Software testing and quality assurance.
* Integrate software with robotic hardware and mechanics to automate the adaptive robotic process
* Develop testing and validation strategies
* Manage state of the art machine vision technology and integration with robotic processes
* Technical project planning and execution on development projects for global industry members
* Technical write up and presentation
* BS, MS or PhD in Computer Science, Engineering or relevant discipline
* Min 2 years programming / software development experience (GUI, drivers, Linux-based development)
* Experience using ROS, C, C++ and the OO paradigm (under Linux), Python, Java tools and libraries
* Extensive knowledge of software development in Linux
* Experience in designing and developing large software systems.
For more information please visit: https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__www.jobstreet.com.sg_en_job_6148185_sources_1&d=DwIFAg&c=clK7kQUTWtAVEOVIgvi0NU5BOUHhpN0H8p7CSfnc_gI&r=0w3solp5fswiyWF2RL6rSs8MCeFamFEPafDTOhgTfYI&m=itql23NGbbeaEDtHQC2On9Fvu_D-yfJYcQ1mo3j3K_Y&s=WPJMcZvGNvhIA2P1g1esIHFdQfbCOGoKe1ukXqHWO3o&e=
Ms Min Ling Chan :: Program Manager :: ROS-Industrial Asia Pacific Consortium
3 Cleantech Loop, #01-01, CleanTech Two :: Singapore 637143 :: Tel. (65) 6715 8796 :: HP (65) 8139 7897 :: Fax. (65) 6908 7921 :: ROSindustrial.org<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__rosindustrial.org_&d=DwIFAg&c=clK7kQUTWtAVEOVIgvi0NU5BOUHhpN0H8p7CSfnc_gI&r=0w3solp5fswiyWF2RL6rSs8MCeFamFEPafDTOhgTfYI&m=itql23NGbbeaEDtHQC2On9Fvu_D-yfJYcQ1mo3j3K_Y&s=KuO7CtqFwut5OTC5y70zKL8pB9Ds_j2XUZsiL1bANEA&e=>
This e-mail and any attachments are only for the use of the intended recipient and may contain material that is confidential, privileged and/or protected by the Official Secrets Act. If you are not the intended recipient, please delete it or notify the sender immediately. Please do not copy or use it for any purpose or disclose the contents to any other person.
robotics-worldwide mailing list
|Free forum by Nabble||Edit this page|