[robotics-worldwide] [jobs] ROS Platform Engineer - at Aeolus Robotics start-up for remote work
As a well-capitalized start-up we have demonstrated our prototype robot at CES 2018, and have additional key members and breakthrough technological approaches to ensure success in this challenging field. At the moment we are searching for ROS Platform Engineer with strong C++ skills. Check more info below:
Job Summary & Responsibilities
You will integrate the Aeolus operating platform with ROS. You will:
- develop the software foundation for implementing robot behavior,
- contribute to the improvement of use of ROS tools for the software foundation,
- maintain related ROS packages and distributions,
- interact directly with roboticists in order to understand needs and improve AP.
You will work in a scrum-based agile development cycle. You will be working alongside founders, researchers, and engineers to design and build first-generation robotic solutions for mass consumer adoption.
You will be measured by software deliverables and code quality.
- BS, MS or PhD in CS or related field.
- 3+ years experience in software development.
- Strong C++ skills.
- Proficiency in writing clean, well-organized C++ code with appropriate abstraction boundaries.
- Experience developing APIs.
- Experience with robots in real environment using ROS.
- Experience designing and deploying complex systems.
- Strong communication skills and ability to work with academic partners.
- Attention to detail and a passion for correctness.
Flexible Hours & 100% Remote Work:
This role permit flexible working hours and can be 100% remote.
Contract work or a permanent position: we can accommodate you.
Aeolus Robotics was founded to bring the first generation of household robot assistants to life, and to market. Integrating prowess from world-leading Taiwanese manufacturers with Silicon Valley AI genius, we are breaking ground in general-purpose consumer robotics with capability in unstructured “human” spaces. Our CTO, an expert in AI and machine learning, led the DARPA effort that spun out the Watson AI project.
As a well-capitalized start-up we have demonstrated our prototype robot at CES 2018, and have additional key members and breakthrough technological approaches to ensure success in this challenging field. Check our website for more, and search the web for "Aeolus Robot" to find some of the many articles and videos about our prototype demonstrations.
This email contains confidential or legally privileged information of Aeolus Robotics and is for the sole use of its intended recipient(s). Any unauthorized review, copy, use, disclosure or distribution of this email or the content of this email is strictly prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, you may reply to the sender and should delete all copies of this e-mail immediately.